This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of S. Martinelli & Co.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Martinelli’s Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies: Super soft and buttery delicious cookies with a subtle hint of apple, and a full-bodied apple glaze and sprinkle of cinnamon. These melt in your mouth delicious cookies are the perfect staple for any celebration.
Martinelli’s Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies are light and refreshing and they take only 15 minutes or so to be made. And that cider flavor…amazing.
I am a big fan of Martinelli’s products. We never have a New Year’s Eve or really any big celebration without them. I love serving Martinelli’s at any celebratory brunch, graduation parties, and any moment worth celebrating. It is perfect for the kids, and for adults too. But beyond sipping and enjoying their delicious flavors, I have recently enjoyed cooking with Martinelli’s.
Martinelli’s Apple Juice, Cider and Sparkling Cider are made from 100% juice from U.S. grown fresh apples. It’s the perfect addition to a day at the beach, a BBQ, picnic, or as is the case here, a favorite recipe. You can learn more about them at Martinelli’s official website, and find where to buy Martinelli’s products using the handy store locator.
I love to throw a good brunch, whether for a shower of some kind, to celebrate Mother’s Day, or just because. I invite all my favorite people over for some delicious food and pampering. A big spread is a must, and a large dessert table with plenty of decadent options is always a favorite. For my last brunch party I knew I had to add something new. When I was experimenting in the kitchen I kept coming back to an apple glazed shortbread cookie. I knew the buttery, smooth, and light flavor of the shortbread would pair perfectly with the tart, crisp, sweetness of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider.
I could not be more pleased with how Martinelli’s Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies turned out. It is absolutely delicious, and was definitely the hit of our celebration. I even made little boxes full of these to send home, as they really are a special cookie. Theseare just so cute!
The cookies are just so decadent, and the glaze offers a punch of flavor. And the beautiful thing is, you can add as little or as much glaze as you want. Sometimes I will even double glaze them just to get that extra pack of flavor. Mmmmm!
These Martinelli’s Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies are perfect for your spring and summer celebrations. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have! And don’t forget to pin to your cookies board on Pinterest.
Other Cookies that you might enjoy:
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Tie Dye Sugar Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Martinelli’s Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs Martinelli’s Apple Juice Cider or Sparkling Cider
- A pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbs Martinelli’s Apple Juice or Cider or Sparkling Cider
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, combine your butter and powdered sugar and Martinelli’s Cider.
- Add in the salt and mix again.
- Then sift in the flour, and mix for a couple minutes. It will look like sand. Keep mixing and it will start to be more cohesive.
- Using your hands, kind of squash it together to form a ball.
- Roll it out on a smooth surface using a rolling pin until it is about 3/4 centimeters thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to form cookies.
- Transfer to a Silicone Baking Mat lined baking sheet. I used a pancake turner to transfer cookies from counter to pan without them falling apart or getting messed up.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 6 minutes (do not brown).
- Let cool on pan 1 minute.
- Move to a cooling rack.
- Mix together glaze by whisking all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Glaze cookies by spooning glaze over the top, then let cool until glaze firms up.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- This makes 18 cookies.
Pin to your Dessert board on Pinterest: