This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulYourWay #CollectiveBias
One Pot Sausage, Chard, and Pine Nut Orecchiette Pasta is an amazing 30 minute meal option with serious flavor. It starts with Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette! By adding a few simple ingredients to the artisanal tasting pasta, you get a dinner that is gourmet in flavor, but with “out-of-the-box” ease! Perfect for celebrating special occasions, but easy enough for mid-week meals.
My life never seems to slow down, just when I think I have gotten a handle on things, I wind up getting sick, or something unexpected gets dumped on me, to set me back again. I am not complaining. It is, what it is, and I like my life. But the thing about it is, I rarely have time for anything extra any more. And it seems like a lot of days we end up grabbing a quick bite for dinner because I am not sure where to even start at home. And don’t have the mental capacity to try and think up a quick, tasty meal. That is not sustainable, or good for my waistline, which is why meals like this One Pot Sausage, Chard, and Pine Nut, Orecchiette Pasta is so awesome.
One Pot Sausage, Chard, and Pine Nut, Orecchiette Pasta
This meal is made in one pot (+ one colander), and comes together in under 30 minutes. But honestly, it tastes soooo good you would think you were eating at a fancy restaurant. In fact, I plan to make it for Valentine’s Day for my husband because he LOVES it. We are going to put the kids to bed, watch a Rom-Con (for me), eat this amazing pasta, and enjoy a night in rather than fight the crowds at restaurants.
And I am not going to even miss going out because not only does this pasta give me the artisanal taste I crave, it is an Authentic Italian food brand, #1 in Italy, it is also wholesome and simple. So it starts with Barilla Collezione Orecchiette, which can be found in the pasta aisle at Kroger and Kroger banner stores. It has a darker blue packaging than the other Barilla options, but should be right by them. At least it was in my store.
Then you need some hot Italian sausage. I don’t buy the kind in casings, but if you do, just peel those off, and crumble and brown. Then you need some onions and pretty chard. I like the rainbow chard the best. Some pine nuts, and a little seasoning. Add in some chicken stock, and you have an amazing meal. You can control the heat by adding more or less red chili peppers.
I don’t know what your Valentine’s Day plans are, but you should maybe consider adding this awesome One Pot Sausage, Chard and Pine Nut, Orecchiette Pasta dish to it! Include a nice crusty French bread, a lovely salad, and a glass of something delicious. You won’t regret it.
Okay, if you aren’t salivating yet, you should be.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken Sausage and Peas Alfredo Pesto Skillet Pasta
- Creamy Red Curry Chicken
- Red Wine Braised Beef
- Haddock with Browned Butter White Wine Sauce
- Slow Cooker Roast Lamb with Lemon, Rosemary and Garlic
One Pot Sausage, Chard, and Pine Nut Orecchiette Pasta
- 1 package Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 1 lb hot Italian Sausage
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic 2 cloves
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 2.5 ounces pine nuts
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 head Rainbow Chard washed, and rough chopped, woody stems removed (approx 4-5 cups)
- salt and pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and strain, set aside
- In a large, heavy dutch oven, brown sausage. My favorite Dutch oven is Staub brand. They are heavy duty, are safe in the oven up to 500 degrees, and the inside is a matte texture for excellent browning.
- Push sausage to the side, add a tablespoon of olive oil, and add minced garlic, onion, and pine nuts.
- Brown pine nuts, and cook onions and minced garlic until tender and fragrant.
- Add chicken stock to the pot.
- Add chard, and let simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Add pasta back in.
- Stir well, season with salt and pepper and chili pepper flakes
- Add parmesan cheese.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Get more Barilla “Wonderful Your Way” recipe inspiration here and get everything you need at Kroger.
PIN to your PASTA board on Pinterest: