Pulled Pork Breakfast Hash
The perfect Keto Breakfast: Breakfast that is satisfying, full of nutrients, low-carb, and keto diet friendly, that is what you get with this pulled pork hash.
Finding a healthy and tasty Keto breakfast can be a challenge, especially if you are used to eating things like cereal and waffles for breakfast.
While you can make these delicious keto pancakes, or egg muffins, another fun Keto breakfast idea is hash. Traditionally a hash has potatoes, which are not keto diet friendly, but this one swaps out the potatoes for turnips, which give you a similar flavor and texture without the extra pesky carbs.
I am a savory breakfast lover in general, and when you can give me one that is loaded with tasty veggies, and is low-carb, I think it is a real winner! I love that this hash uses pulled pork, which is perfect when you have leftovers. And I especially love how quickly it comes together.
What can I eat for breakfast on the keto diet?
If you are looking for low carb breakfast ideas a sugar free yogurt or eggs are an excellent idea if you are a vegetarian, but if you love meat, you can make all kinds of fun breakfasts using leftover meats. Hash is the perfect vehicle as you can literally toss in whatever meats you have, sausages, chicken, etc. Load it up with low-carb veggies, and then top it with an egg.
Or for another fun twist, try wrapping this low-carb breakfast up in a low carb tortilla for a flavorful breakfast burrito.
Other Keto Breakfast Ideas:
Pulled Pork Breakfast Hash (Keto)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 turnip diced (115g)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Brussels sprouts halved (50g)
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced (30g)
- 3 ounces pulled pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs parsley chopped fine
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the diced turning and the spices to the skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the skillet and cook another 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add in the pork and cook 2 minutes.
- Make 2 divots in the hash and crack in two eggs.
- Cover and cook 3-5 minutes just until the whites are set.
- Season eggs, and garnish with parsley
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Keto Breakfast board: