While canned salsa works in a pinch, there is just something about making your own salsa fresh on the day you want it that is incredible. This salsa isn’t exactly fresh, in that it is made from tomatoes in a can. Crazy right? But it tastes like a million bucks.
I could drink this salsa, I like it that much. I love a good chunky salsa, such as the 3 Tomato and 3 Cucumber Salsa I shared this summer. Or the Fresh Avocado and Cucumber Corn Salsa. But sometimes I like that smooth, blended salsa, like they have at Chili’s. Especially during the many months of the year when tomatoes just aren’t flavorful, so a fresh salsa doesn’t taste good. This is the winner!
It really is so delicious. And super easy. It is a dump and blend salsa that makes enough for a party, or to use for cooking. It can keep in the fridge for about a week, so you could also just make a nice big batch to enjoy.
Ok, I bet you are ready for the recipe right?
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs lime juice fresh if you have it
- 1 large jalapeno remove seeds (or 2 small to medium sized jalapenos)
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs sugar optional
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- Put garlic, salt, lime, chili powder, sugar, jalapenos, vinegar, half the cilantro and the can of whole tomatoes in a blender.
- Blend well.
- Add in onions, cilantro, and 1 can diced tomatoes.
- Blend, then add in the rest of the tomatoes, and blend just a tad.
- Store in the fridge in air tight container for up to a week.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.