Roast Chicken Recipe: This roast chicken recipe is simple to prepare, and full of flavor. It is an oven roasted chicken that results in a tender and juicy bird perfect for dinner.
One of the best roast chicken recipes you’ll ever try and the simplest you’ll ever see. No need to worry about how to roast a chicken anymore with this easy and delicious roasted whole chicken recipe. So simple that anyone can make a perfect roast chicken in their very own kitchen. Serve with a side of potatoes or rice for a complete meal worthy of a family dinner or a dinner party.
What is the healthiest way to eat chicken?
The healthiest way to eat chicken would be a plain boiled breast, but uh…yuck! Honestly, if you want healthy chicken it roasting it is great because you get juicy, amazing flavor, without the added oils and fats.
While our family loves a lot of vegetables, we usually include a meat for the protein in our dinners 5 or 6 nights a week. When we are trying to eat healthier, we opt for chicken or fish over pork or beef. Pork and beef tend to have a fairly high fat content. Replacing them with healthier choices such as fish or chicken cuts some calories.
Chicken is one of my favorite choices because it can be served with a variety of side dishes and it’s still delicious. One of my go-to ways to prepare chicken is to roast it in the oven. It’s much healthier than most methods for cooking chicken because it doesn’t have a bunch of additional fats from the oils or the sauces they’re covered in.
When it comes to healthy chicken preparation methods, roasting chicken is one of the better options. It’s high in protein and low in fat. And this is the best roast chicken you’ll ever taste. No need for unhealthy sauces and dressings to make this chicken taste better.
This whole roasted chicken may be simple to make and only require a few ingredients, but don’t let that fool you, the fewer ingredients are to let the natural flavors really shine. Delicious, simple, and it can be served with nearly any side dish. That is a huge win.
How do you cook a roast chicken?
Roast chicken is actually quite simple to make. There is minimal preparation required to make this baked whole chicken. And with a few tips and tricks you will learn here, it will turn out beautiful, tender, juicy, and with a delightful crispy skin.
To make roast chicken in your own kitchen all you need is:
- An oven
- A roasting pan: I like this one because it is non-stick and not super expensive
- The ability to read and follow this simple recipe.
Of course, a few tips and tricks can’t hurt, so here is what you should know:
- Pat it dry. If you don’t pat it dry, the liquid on the bird will steam the skin instead of make it crispy. You do not want this. Take the time to pat it dry.
- Salt the exterior. You could salt it a few days early to help dry out the skin and make it even crispier, but you can even salt it a few minutes before and it will help.
- Use an herb and butter rub under the skin. This will baste the chicken while it cooks, add flavor, and be just so amazing. Do not skip this step.
- Put the chicken in the oven bum-first so the slower-cooking legs are closer to the heat. It helps them to cook through without overcooking the rest.
- Baste your chicken with pan juices after you are done cooking! Amazing.
- Rest the chicken after removing it from the oven. It will allow the juices to reabsorb and help it be so juicy and delicious.
Great Sides for Roasted Chicken:
- Roasted Garlic Bleu Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Sour Cream Yeast Rolls
- Brussels Sprouts
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Pin to your Chicken board: