Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad takes the basic chicken Caesar salad recipe and kicks it up a notch by adding in addition to chicken, avocado, hard boiled eggs, bacon and a great Caesar salad dressing.
With all of these protein packed goodies in just one dish, this Caesar salad recipe can be eaten as a stand alone salad or would make a great complimentary side dish to any meal.
Make this Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad recipe for lunch or dinner and have a meal that you can take with you on the go or eat in the quiet of your own home. This chicken Caesar salad recipe is the best chicken Caesar salad ever!
What Is In A Caesar Salad?
What really sets the Caesar salad apart from other salads is its unique signature dressing, the Caesar salad dressing.
Its slightly creamy and zesty dressing accompanied with crisp romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, and crunchy croutons makes this salad a favorite for many.
Although this classic salad is a favorite, a basic Caesar salad lacks protein and filling components.
I love Caesar salad, but I wanted to create a Caesar salad recipe that could be eaten as the main dish.
A basic Caesar salad does not meet this criteria. If all I ate for lunch was a basic Caesar salad I would be starving well before dinner.
This is where the brilliant and delicious Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad recipe comes into play. Not only is it way more filling than your typical Caesar salad, it’s even way more delicious.
How Do I Make Chicken Caesar Salad?
While chicken Caesar salad is good and is basically just adding chicken to a basic Caesar salad, I say why stop there? Make this Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad recipe.
It will put your basic chicken Caesar salad recipe to shame.
What Is In This Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad Recipe:
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Romaine Lettuce
- Spices, Seasonings, and Olive Oil
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
After making this chicken Caesar salad recipe, a basic Caesar salad seems just sub par in comparison.
How Do You Make A Homemade Chicken Caesar Salad?
For this Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad recipe, I first layer the salad bowl with chopped romaine lettuce. I then put the cooked sliced chicken, crisp bacon, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs on top of the bed of lettuce.
Lastly, I drizzle this winning, homemade Caesar salad dressing on top of the salad, sprinkle the salad with shaved parmesan cheese, and finish off the dish with ground pepper.
Voila, you have yourself an exceptionally well done chicken Caesar salad. It’s oh so good.
Aside from cutting up your veggies, and cooking your chicken, a salad doesn’t feel homemade to me unless you have personally made your own dressing.
Dressing is the final key to making a salad superior to all the store bought pre-made salads.
Can you buy a bottle of Caesar salad dressing?
Sure. Will it be as good as homemade Caesar salad dressing? Of course not.
So, take an extra few minutes of preparation to make a delicious homemade Caesar salad dressing and boy have I got the Caesar salad dressing recipe for you.
How To Make Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing?
Basically Caesar salad dressing is known for ingredients like, anchovy paste, egg yolks, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Caesar salad dressings will vary, but those are usually the core ingredients.
Some dressings may add ingredients like Worcester sauce or red wine vinegar, but overall the above listed ingredients are the basic Caesar salad dressing components.
For this Caesar salad dressing recipe I stayed true to the core ingredients, but I made the anchovy paste optional and instead of egg yolk I use mayo, which does contain egg yolk as one of the ingredients, making mayonnaise a great substitution for the use of egg yolk in the dressing.
How To Make This Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, except olive oil and parmesan. Process the ingredients until smooth.
- Once ingredients are smooth, slowly add oil until the dressing is creamy.
- Add parmesan cheese and pulse a few times.
Just three easy steps and your delicious homemade Caesar salad dressing is ready to go and trust me it is worth the few extra steps to have this delicious homemade dressing instead of a processed store bought product.
What Goes With Chicken Caesar Salad?
Whether you are eating a basic chicken Caesar salad or this chicken avocado Caesar salad recipe, either way Caesar salad pairs nicely with so many foods.
Fortunately this chicken avocado Caesar salad is hearty enough on its own, but you can pair it with basically whatever you pair a basic Caesar salad with.
Food To Partner Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad With:
- Soup (soup and salad, a classic combo)
Note: Chicken as well goes great with Caesar salad, but where there is already chicken added to this Caesar salad recipe it would be redundant to serve it with chicken.
So, eat this chicken Caesar salad recipe as a stand alone dish or serve it as a hearty side partnered up with any of the above mentioned food.
Is Chicken Caesar Salad Healthy?
Okay so here is the thing with salad in general, most salads have a lot of healthy components, like for example vegetables, obviously.
However, there are a lot of salads, not all, but a lot that have really fatty dressings.
So, is a Caesar salad healthy? Well the dressing is fattening and if you choose to add croutons they aren’t a super healthy choice either.
With that said, this Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad is packed with so many healthy ingredients. Vegetables, hard boiled eggs, chicken, and avocado are all great food options.
If you want to make this salad healthier and lower in calorie, use less dressing and less bacon. Other than that, I think this salad has a lot of ingredients to rave about and that you can feel good about eating.
Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad, A Great Lunch Or Dinner Option!
Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad is a flavorful, protein packed Caesar salad recipe that will impress your taste buds.
Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless breasts approx 2 breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp parsley
- 6 strips bacon cooked and cut into pieces
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2-3 eggs hard boiled and sliced
- 2 avocados thinly sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shaved
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 tsp anchovy paste optional
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Place all the Caesar dressing ingredients but the olive oil and parmesan into a food processor, and processor. Once smooth, slowly add oil until nice and creamy.
- Add parmesan cheese and pulse a few times, then set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, and once oil is hot, add chicken. Cook chicken 6-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chicken, until a nice golden crust forms and chicken is cooked through.
- Cook bacon to preference, and hard boil (or soft boil) eggs. Set aside.
- Assemble by adding chopped romaine lettuce to a large bowl. Place sliced chicken, bacon, tomatoes, avocado and sliced eggs on top.
- Drizzle with Caesar dressing, and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan. Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Salad board on Pinterest: