Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Casserole
Healthy and delicious, this roasted vegetable and quinoa casserole is loaded with flavor. It has a delicious crisp topping, perfectly roasted vegetables, and just enough cheese to make it amazing.
Looks are deceiving with this one. Tastes insanely good!
Make it Vegetarian or Vegan
This is a super yummy casserole that can be easily adjusted to make vegetarian or vegan. I use cheese and chicken stock, but that can be substituted out for veggie broth or water without a problem. If you want it to be vegan you will need to skip the cheese, which is a binder and adds flavor. I loved it. My husband loved it. My kids totally ate it, although that surprised me.
The flavor is so delicious, and you can add whatever vegetables you want.
How to make roasted vegetable and quinoa casserole
- Roast your veggies.
- Rinse your quinoa really well.
- Prepare your quinoa according to instructions in recipe: with chicken stock, dry mustard, garlic salt, and garlic.
- Combine cooked quinoa and veggies in a large bowl.
- Stir in cheese.
- Put in your baking dishes. I used several different sizes as I was preparing these for freezer meals. I like some to be dinner portions and some to be lunch sized.
- Mix together Panko and Parmesan Cheese, or skip this part all together, I just like the crunchy topping! Top and bake.
Great Casseroles We Love:
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Corn Casserole
- Creamy Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Casserole
- Easy Hamburger Casserole
Roasted Veggie Quinoa Casserole
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli diced
- 1/2 cup brussel sprouts cut small
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 cup diced mini-sweet peppers
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 cups grated cheese your choice
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- Dice all of your vegetables up. Toss veggies in olive oil and seasonings of choice. Preheat roasting pan in 450 F oven for 10 minutes
- Put veggies in single layer on roasting pan.Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring twice while cooking, until veggies are tender, and edges are browned.
- Rinse quinoa really well to remove bitter coating.
- Add quinoa to a saucepan, along with the chicken stock (reserve 1/4 c), salt, dry mustard and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed. Stir well.
- Mix quinoa and roasted peppers together, add in reserved chicken stock, and 2 cups grated cheese.
- In separate bowl mix together Panko and Parmesan for topping
- Put quinoa and veggie mixture into casserole dish
- (If making into a freezer meal, freeze at this point along with a bag of topping mixture. Thaw fully on day you want to serve and continue with next step.)
- Top casserole with breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375 in preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your casserole board: