Simple, Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken and Veggies is delicious, healthy, and easy to make! This one pan meal is my go to on busy nights! The veggies stay crisp, but cooked, and the chicken is garlick-y and delicious!
I am a huge fan of simple. My life is chaotic and hectic most of the time, and despite trying to stay organized, and reduce the chaos, I haven’t quite found that balance yet. I don’t exercise enough. I sometimes snap at my kids. We don’t always do the required reading or homework when we should. And dinner sometimes consists of a drive through and a kid’s meal because this mama can’t always do it all.
But with this Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken and Veggies in my back pocket, I am feeling a lot more capable. After making these great Sheet Pan Flank Steak Fajitas and sharing them with you guys a few weeks back, and they inspired me to keep going with the one sheet pan idea because frankly it is a blessing for me. I hate dishes. I don’t want a lot of clean up. And I don’t have time. But I want tasty meals and plenty of veggies.
Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken and Veggies is so easy I think even a child could help make it! Right? Which is why I put it on our meal plan on a night my kids are helping with dinner. They are great carrot peelers. And the chicken is so tender and delicious they eat it right up. Plus, since they help cut, chop, wash, and peel the veggies, they are better about eating them. Although, they still won’t touch the Brussels sprouts. The good news is the vegetables you put in this are completely up to you. However, you may need to adjust cooking time to make sure they are cooked through.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
What I used for this recipe:
Other recipes with chicken and veggies that you might enjoy:
- Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls
- Easy Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls (Meal Prep)
- Pollo Saltado (Chicken Stir Fry)
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner solution?
Try the Eazy Peazy Mealz Recipe Binder: Get a printable version of all our favorite recipes in one convenient e-book for only $5!
Plus, you’ll get so much more, from conversion charts and tips, to meal planning worksheets and shopping lists. 200 + pages to make your weeknights easier.
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐ ⇐
Sheetpan Garlic Chicken & Veggies
- 1/2 Tbs dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken cut into tenders
- 1/2- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided See note
- 1 cup asparagus spears cut in half
- 1 cup sliced carrots cut into sticks
- 1 cup sliced zucchini cut into spears
- 1 cup brussel sprouts halved
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 1- 1 ounce package onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together dried chives, salt, onion powder, and black pepper
- In a large bowl, add chicken, 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil, and seasoning mixture from above. Stir to coat well. Put in refrigerator for 15 minutes to let marinate
- In a large bowl add prepared vegetables, 1/4 cup olive oil, minced garlic, and onion soup mix packet
- Stir well.
- Dump veggies on baking sheet, and spread out to form one layer.
- Place chicken on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees (cooking time will depend on how thick you cut your chicken).
- Optional: Broil sheet pan with chicken and veggies on high for 2-3 minutes to brown and crisp up the edges a bit. Watch closely.
Note 2: Broil the pan at the end of baking time to get a few caramelized edges and brown up the exterior of the chicken. This can add flavor, but is not necessary!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your CHICKEN board on Pinterest: