This post is sponsored by Prom Peru, all opinions are my own.
Pollo Saltado, or Peruvian Chicken Stir Fry, is a flavorful fusion cuisine with a mix of stir fry chicken, veggies, and potato fries. This dish offers spiced chicken, peppers, tomatoes, onions, a delicious vinegar based sauce, mixed with fries and served over rice.
I am a huge fan of Peruvian food, there is this restaurant where I live that serves it, and I am always looking for an excuse to go. I love the bold flavors, the tender, juicy chicken, and of course all the peppers and extras.
Peruvians really know how to do food, which is highlighted by the fact that they hold South America’s largest food festival: Mistura!
Mistura 2017 is from September 7-17 in Lima, Peru.
Since I don’t live in Peru, I made an Americanized version with the ingredients I could get my hands on. I did order a pepper paste to get the Peruvian pepper flavor, and it was delicious. But I also made Pollo Saltado without the paste, and it worked awesome and had a ton of flavor. So if you don’t have the aji amarillo peppers or paste, all is not lost, you can still make this tasty dish.
You can orderhere
I used freezer fries for this, the kind you bake from frozen in the oven. And I was surprised how good they made this dish. Not only did they soak in some of the vinegar sauce, they compliment the chicken and veggies. Honestly, who knew Latin-Asian fusion could be so delicious? Pick your favorite kind of fries, or make them from scratch. I found that buying the freezer kind meant that I could pop them in the oven, and by the time I was done making the chicken stir fry, the fries were done! So easy, so delicious. And made this Pollo Saltado Chicken Stir Fry a really quick and easy dinner solution we have made again and again.
If you can’t make it to Peru, take your tastebuds on a vacation to Peru with this delicious meal Pollo Saltado Chicken Stir Fry! You may find that this latin-asian fusion food is just the thing.
The veggies are crisp and delicious, the chicken juicy and flavorful, and the fresh cilantro just adds that little something extra that makes it oh so good.
Pollo Saltado Chicken Stir Fry Tips:
To make your Pollo Saltado Chicken Stir Fry really great, consider the following:
- Use really great quality fresh ingredients. Your meal can only be as good as your ingredients. So start with the best.
- Use freezer fries. This makes it quick and easy to make your pollo saltado, and if you get a good quality fry, you won’t notice a difference.
- Time it right: You want to serve this right away, so get the rice going early, and give those fries plenty of time to bake so that when your stir fry is done you can eat!
- You can use a to cook your rice so there is one less thing to worry about but I love my because it cooks rice but also many more foods
- Garnish well: Adding the fresh cilantro to the top of the Pollo Saltado Chicken Stir Fry helps to freshen things up! Use liberally.
This Pollo Saltado chicken stir fry was popular with everyone in my family, and hopefully will be just as popular with your family.
Other Stir-Fry recipes that you might enjoy:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Stirfry (30 Minutes)
- Stir Fry Veggie Noodles
- Shrimp and Snap Peas Stir Fry
- Single Skillet Sausage Stir Fry
- Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Stir-Fry
Pin to your Chicken Dinner board on Pinterest: