Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls: Juicy, tender, and oh so delicious baked chicken with fresh, buttery, delicious avocados, and perfectly seasoned and roasted peppers all over rice for a quick, nutritious, and easy meal that will have your taste buds rejoicing. 30 minutes is all you need!
Take a look at this gorgeous bowl and these gorgeous veggies. Add in luscious avocado and you have a killer meal that has a healthy fat, a great source of lean protein, and so much more. Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls is one of those meals that is quick, easy, and that you can feel good about. And because it has so much flavor, the whole family is going to love it!
Ok you guys, let me tell you a story…Once upon a time there was this mother who had so much to get done, all the time. She cooked and she cleaned, she worked and she ran errands, she took care of the kids and she took care of everything else. She didn’t do it alone, but there was always more to get done.
Making the Sheet-pan Chicken:
- Combine all peppers and onions in a bag and shake them with the oil and lime juice to coat everything well. I found these reusable food that are safe to use in the fridge, microwave, and the dishwasher. They would be perfect for shaking the peppers and onions in.
- Next bake the vegetables.
- Start your rice on the cooktop.
- When the vegetables have been in the oven for about a dozen minutes, on high heat brown the sides of the chicken in a frying pan.
- Then add the chicken to the vegetables and season everything.
- Now finish roasting it all together.
- Slice your California avocados into thin or thick slices according to your preference.
- Everything should finish cooking all at the same time.
- Finally, serve.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for an awesome home cooked meal that only used 3 dishes and was done in less than 25 minutes!
Other Recipes with Delicious Avocados:
- CA Avocado Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Breakfast Stuffed Avocado
- Tex Mex Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Creamy Avocado Fettuccine
Baked Chicken and Avocado BowlsPrint Pin Rate
- Juice of two limes Approximately 1/4 cup lime juice total
- Canola oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 lb of mini sweet peppers in an assortment of colors you can usually buy a bag of assorted sweet peppers, sliced into strips
- 1/2 Onion sliced into rounds or strips
- 2 TBS minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-6 cups cooked rice
- 3 chicken breasts cut into chicken tenders
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 California Avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine the juice of one lime and 3 tablespoons oil in a bowl.
- Combine all peppers and onions and garlic in a ziplock bag or a reusable food storage bag, and pour contents of oil/lime bowl atop them. Shake until vegetables are well coated.
- Pour vegetables onto a sprayed sheet-pan and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. I line my baking sheet with a Silicon Baking Mat for even easier clean up.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While Vegetables are roasting, start your rice cooking according to its directions.
- In a large saute or frying pan lightly coat the bottom with oil, over medium high-high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan and let it cook for about 60 seconds on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and add the chicken to the sheet-pan. Right with the veggies.
- Sprinkle everything lightly with the remaining lime juice, then the onion powder, ground cumin, and chili powder.
- Return to the oven for 6-8 more minutes. Until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Arranging your avocado bowls
- Layer your bowl with the cooked rice, vegetables and chicken, then top the entire dish off with fresh avocado and cilantro.
- Dressing is optional as this tastes amazing on its own!