One thing you should know about me is that I am a totally suggestive eater. Meaning if I read a story that talks about pizza, I suddenly crave pizza. If I see a commercial for burgers, I want a juicy double decker with extra pickles. It is a tough life! Anyway, I digress…so the other night I had everything out for Orange Chicken, one of my family’s favorite meals, and then I see an Olive Garden commercial. I don’t even really like Olive Garden, but I love pasta. And so naturally the chicken went back into the fridge for the next day, and I stared defrosting ground beef and sausage, and started chopping vegetables.
I love a great homemade marinara, and will share one of my favorite recipes soon, but because good marinara from scratch takes at least 24 hours, and usually involves a lot of time, I keep Prego on hand. It is my favorite. All you Prego haters, go ahead and just keep on enjoying whatever marinara you like, I won’t judge (much!). So my disclaimer is that this recipe uses a pre-made marinara. This is Eazy Peazy Mealz after all.
Spaghetti with Meat SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 small onion chopped small
- 1 Tbs garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-made marinara- 1 bottle
- 1 lb noodles of choice noodles, spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles
- Parmesan and parsley for garnish
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a skillet
- Add in garlic, onions, carrots, and zucchini
- Cook until tender
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Pour a jar of pre-made marinara over the top and heat through
- Serve over cooked noodles of choice
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan and parsley (fresh or dry)
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
What is your favorite pasta? Mine changes daily. I love a good skillet alfredo pasta, or a good marinara. It just depends on my mood, but this one usually hits the spot. My baby even loves it, look at her little hand sneaking in to grab something delicious.