One thing I think Julia Childs got right, amongst many things, is that you can never have too much butter! I mean seriously, who doesn’t love butter? And butter + cake = bliss! Add some lemon zest whipped cream and fresh cut strawberries and we have a winner winner, dessert for dinner.
And want to know what else? I totally cheated on this one. I used a boxed cake mix. And I don’t even feel bad about it because it meant faster, less clean up, and I got to shove this deliciousness in my face.
Strawberry Butter Cake Parfait with Lemon Zest Whipped Cream
- 1 box butter cake mix prepared
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs confectioners sugar
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 lb strawberries washed and sliced
- Prepare the butter cake according to package directions.
- Whip heavy cream using a hand mixer. When it starts to thicken, add in confectioner's sugar and lemon zest, and whip until stiff
- Let cake cook completely
- Then in serving dishes of choice, layer pieces of cake, lemon zest whipped cream, and sliced strawberries
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.