Turkey Taco Avocados are the low carb version of your favorite tacos. They are California Avocados, stuffed with ground turkey seasoned with your favorite combination of Mexican spices and Gourmet Garden’s cilantro paste, red kidney beans, whole kernel corn, fresh tomatoes, and more!
Turkey Taco Avocados
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Taco Tuesday board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I literally can’t wait to share todays recipe because it has two of my most favorite things in the world: California Avocados and Gourmet Garden herbs.
Let me tell you a little about this love:
I am an ambitious shopper…and what I mean by that is I often think I am going to do a lot more cooking then I actually do in a week. I buy bundles of parsley, cilantro, and lemon grass with big plans to make thai chicken curry soup, black bean burger tacos, and chicken alfredo. Those big plans don’t always come to fruition. Well hello there drive thru! Nice to see you again.
And so…Gourmet Gardens! The lightly dried herbs, and herb pastes are a total crisper drawer saver for me. No more mushy, slimy, disgusting herbs I forgot about, and are now decomposing in plastic bags.
How awesome is that? If you are not using them already, you are missing out big time! I literally use them in pretty much every recipe I put on here.
You can find them in the fresh produce section, usually by the herbs, go figure, or the mushrooms!
Anyway, when you combine the deliciousness of herbs with creamy, tasty, and flavorful California Avocados, you have a winning combination. CA avocados are the best. I mean, I usually make them into guac, or a dressing, but this is my new favorite way to use avocados.
I wanted a taco, but wanted a lighter version. I skipped the shell in favor of the CA avocado, and went with ground turkey instead of beef.
Ah-flipping-mazing! Seriously, this recipe it is our new #tacotuesday go to. All the flavor of your favorite taco, but even yummier. And uh, so quick and easy to make.
Have I mentioned I am obsessed with avocados?
You will be too, once you try these.
Turkey Taco Avocados
- 4 Avocados "California"
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbs tomato paste *optional
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Cilantro paste "Gourmet Gardens"
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 cup romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 scallion sliced thin (or green onion)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried cilantro "Gourmet Gardens"
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat
- Add ground turkey, seasonings, cilantro paste, and tomato paste
- Cook ground turkey, through, and crumble it. Cooking 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the kidney beans and corn kernels, stir to combine.
- Cook until well heated, 1-2 more minutes.
- Cut your avocados in half, and remove the pit
- Use a spoon to scoop out part of the center, making a bigger spot for the filling.
- Wash and cut your romaine lettuce, and put a little into each avocado
- Spoon ground turkey mixture over the top of the lettuce
- Wash and cut tomato into small pieces.
- Garnish stuffed avocado with fresh tomato, sour cream, and Gourmet Gardens lightly dried cilantro
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Don’t forget to pin for later: