Asian Pasta Salad
Tender pasta, flavorful rotisserie chicken, crunchy peppers, fresh herbs, sweet mandarins, and a mouthwatering dressing makes this the ultimate pasta salad. This is the perfect salad recipe to have on hand because it is easy to make, prep is so fast, and it is a crowd pleasing favorite. Take this Asian Pasta salad to a family gathering or enjoy it in the quiet of your own home.
Asian Pasta Salad has hearty chicken, healthy veggies, crunchy peanuts, and a delicious yet easy homemade sesame-soy dressing. Plus, like most pasta salads (Easy Pesto Pasta Salad for example) it is a dish that is easily customizable for your personal taste or individual needs.
Asian Pasta Salad is hearty enough that you can pass it off for an easy yet flavorful dinner or you can make it as a killer side to a main dish. I personally love dressing up lunch time with an easy yet filling salad like Asian Pasta Salad.
What You Need To Make Asian Pasta Salad:
This Asian Pasta Salad is so yummy, and yet so easy to make. However, before we start talking meal prep, let’s get shopping first.
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- White Vinegar
- Rice Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Bow Tie Pasta
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Shredded Carrots
- Green Onion
- Red Bell Pepper
- Mandarin Oranges
Once you are all stocked up you are ready to start making one of the best salads ever!
How To Make Asian Pasta Salad:
This Asian Pasta Salad is perfect for even the most novice of chefs. Much like this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, it is fast and easy.
No hard to understand steps with this recipe.
- Mix Ingredients for Dressing: Mix dressing ingredients in a bowl or shake and mix ingredients in a jar with a secure lid.
- Cook and Drain Pasta: Cook pasta for about 1 minute less than recommended time in order to get a nice al dente pasta. Then drain and rinse pasta in cold water.
- Add Pasta and Other Ingredients in a Bowl: In a large mixing bowl, put pasta, chicken, carrots, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, peanuts, and dressing.
- Toss to Coat. Toss ingredients in dressing to coat.
- Add Mandarin Oranges Last. Add drained mandarin oranges last and gently stir throughout.
That’s It! Only one thing left to do and that is to serve this delicious salad right up.
Storage and Freezing:
Can You Make Ahead?
You can store the ingredients in the fridge for up to 1-2 days in advance. However, do not store the salad already assembled with the dressing. Food will become mushy.
For best results, store food items separately. Put veggies in one container, pasta in another container, chicken in its own container, and lastly dressing in a container by itself.
Then assemble when ready to eat and add the mandarin oranges last.
- Store Ingredients in separate air tight containers in the fridge.
- Food will stay good for about 1-2 days in advance.
- Assemble when ready to eat, adding mandarin oranges last.
This is really not a freezer friendly dish, but parts can be frozen to be used later.
- Easy enough dish to make, don’t try to freeze ahead of time
- If you really want to freeze, then freeze chicken and veggies and the dressing, all separately, and assemble day of.
- Make pasta the same day you serve it.
Note: Remember allow time for food to defrost.
As a whole dish this is not an ideal freezer meal situation. However, don’t feel too disappointed. It is super fast to make so the need to freeze ahead of time is not as dire.
If you do want to make freezer Asian Pasta Salad you have options. As mentioned above, cut veggies and freeze for a later time. Then freeze the chicken too. This will give you a slight jump on the meal prep.
I love the flavor profile of this Asian Pasta Salad. Love!
I also love that you can put your own personal touch to this dish with additional variations. Feel free to add different ingredients based on personal preference.
Here are some add-in suggestions to mix things up a little bit.
- Sugar Snap Peas
- A Variety of Pastas
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Vegetarian Option: Add More Veggies and No Chicken
- Fresh Lime Juice for the Dressing
This Asian Pasta Salad is a refreshing and yummy dish that offers a great starting off point for so many additional ingredients.
As always feel free to adjust or add additional ingredients if you want.
Asian Pasta Salad can be a main meal or great as a side dish.
With a line up like this you will be sure to enjoy your meal from start to finish.
Asian Pasta Salad Is The Perfect Versatile Dish!
Asian Pasta Salad makes for a great lunch, dinner, side, or snack. Bring Asian Pasta Salad to a party or barbecue or enjoy it in the comfort of your own home.
This fast, simple yet tasty dish, will soon become a family favorite!
Other Salads to Try:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Asparagus Ravioli Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Macaroni Salad
Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons white vinegar adjust for taste
- 1 Tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta about 4 cups
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breast meat chopped
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 3/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped fine
- 1 cup mandarin oranges drained
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside. (Or put in jar, secure lid, and shake to mix).
- Cook bow tie pasta in boiling water, for about 10 minutes or one minute less than package directions indicate, so you get a nice al dente pasta.
- Drain pasta, and rinse with cold water.
- Put rinsed pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, carrots, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, and peanuts, and dressing.
- Toss to coat
- Add (drained) mandarin oranges at end, and gently stir throughout.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. And additional green onion.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.