Baked Breaded Chicken
Baked Breaded Chicken is a mid week dinner dream. Juicy, tender chicken, covered with a golden crunchy, delicious outer coating of bread crumbs. This is a great dish for any pallete and makes for a perfect dinner option when you want a filling dish that requires minimal prep and only takes about 30 minutes to cook.
Baked chicken with bread crumbs will become your new favorite way to prepare chicken.
Parmesan and bread crumbs join forces to produce a crunchy coated, perfectly seasoned baked breaded chicken breast that will have friends and family begging for seconds.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breading:
There is nothing like a good piece of tender juicy chicken, coated in a flavorful, crunchy outer coating. Welcome Baked Breaded Chicken. I saved all the best ingredients for this dish, so get ready for a party in your mouth.
Let’s talk outer coating or breading.
Bread Crumb Mixture:
- Bread Crumbs (no surprise there)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Spices—Basil, Oregano, Pepper
Basil and oregano give a great Italian flavor and the pepper adds a little zip.
The parmesan also contributes to a zing of taste, while contributing to the fantastic texture of the outer coating. Simple yet a perfect blend of ingredients, makes this crispy outer coating really come alive. It is salty and delicious.
What about the garlic? Don’t worry for all you garlic fans out there, and if you’re not, you really should be a fan, there IS garlic. And it contributes to flavor.
The garlic is mixed with paprika and olive oil, which will go directly on the chicken, followed by dipping the chicken into the bread crumb mixture.
It’s a joint effort between the olive oil mixture and bread crumb mixture to produce the most perfect baked breaded chicken breast.
How To Bread Chicken:
Now that you are hopefully excited and convinced that this outer coating is the going to make you pallet sing, let’s talk about how to bread the chicken.
It’s not hard, but warning your hands may get a little messy here.
What You Need:
- 2 pie tins or shallow dishes
- Ingredients, of course.
- You want to put the liquid mixture in one pie tin and the bread crumb mixture in the other.
- Coat chicken by dipping it in the liquid mixture.
- Then, dip oiled chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Press bread crumbs, so each breast is fully coated. We don’t want to see any of the chicken not have coating on it.
- Transfer coated chicken onto prepared baking dish and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture and oil.
That wasn’t so bad now was it?
The Best Coating For Crunch?
I think this recipe offers the perfect crunchy coating. It’s crispy, golden, deliciousness. However, if in general you want to make an outer coating even crunchier, you can try adding another crunchy ingredient like cornflakes.
How To Make Chicken Breasts Juicy:
Everyone wants a crispy outer coating for a baked breaded chicken breast. I agree crispy and crunchy are the best. No arguments there.
However, do you know what is just as important as a crispy outer coating? That’s right.
You guessed it, tender juicy chicken.
In fact I am going to make a bold statement here. You ready?
You can have the best most flavorful, crispy outer coating on your chicken, BUT if your chicken is dry and tough, no one is going to even talk about the outer coating.
They won’t even give it another thought.
The topic of conversation will be the cooking fail on how dry and tough your chicken is. So let’s make sure that your chicken doesn’t go down in history as dry and
disappointing. Let’s have people praising you on the delicious outer coating as well as a juicy, and tender pieces of chicken.
Are you with me?
Other Great Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Baked Orange Chicken
- Skillet French Onion Chicken
- Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken
- Healthy Lemon Skillet Chicken
Tips and Tricks For Juicy Chicken Breasts:
- Brine The Chicken.
I went to this restaurant once and I was so impressed with how tender and juicy the chicken was that I had to talk to the chef. What’s the secret? He brined it.
Brining chicken may sound upscale, but it really isn’t hard. It is a secret weapon that will help produce tender, juicy chicken.
Brine: For a minimum of 15 minutes have chicken breasts sit in salted, lukewarm water.
Rinse chicken chicken with cold water and dry with a towel.
That’s it. Not hard, so just do it.
Or, here is an even easier suggestion. Buy chicken that has already been brined. Did you know that you could do that?
What can’t you buy these days? Seriously.
Packaging should state if it has already been brined.
- Be Selective With The Cooking Temperature.
Don’t just cook chicken at whatever temperature you feel like it. Now this recipe produces great, tender chicken. Just follow the temp and time and make sure chicken
is cooked through.
However for chicken in general, to produce a tender chicken there are two schools of thought.
- Cook On A Lower Temperature For Longer Time
- Cook On High Temperature For Less Time
I know it’s two different pieces of advice from opposite spectrums. Basically you want to choose one extreme or the other. No in between.
Higher heat will make the outside crispier which will help contain the juices, making for a juicier chicken.
For this recipe I cooked chicken for longer at a lower temp and the chicken was both juicy, tender, and perfect.
- Let Chicken Rest.
You are going to smell the aromas permeating through your home as this Baked Breaded Chicken cooks in your oven.
Now because of this you may be tempted to eat the chicken immediately after you take it out of the oven, but don’t.
Patience will pay off here. Plus the chicken will be really hot. Give it a moment. The reason you want to let the chicken rest is because if you cut it immediately you will sacrifice some of that juiciness.
Just give it 5 minutes or so. You will be so glad that you did. Follow this recipe and these tips and you will be welcomed with delicious, juicy, tender,
Baked Breaded Chicken Serving Suggestions:
Then of course let’s not forget about dessert. Some would say it is the most important part of the meal. Finish this dish off with delectable Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars.
Now that’s a great meal!
What’s For Dinner? Baked Breaded Chicken!
Do yourself a favor and don’t slave away in the kitchen for hours after a long day. Make an easy yet oh so delicious dinner like Baked Breaded Chicken. It’s fast, flavorful, and fun!
After making this fantastic favorite, I have some other great dished for you to try.
Other Chicken Recipes To Try:
Baked Breaded Chicken
- 6 chicken breast halves boneless and skinless
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup panko
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Season chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a pie tin or shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, onion powder, and pepper.
- In a separate pie tin mix together olive oil and garlic with paprika.
- Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Press the bread crumbs to the chicken so each breast is coated fully.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture and oil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.