This post for Carrot Zucchini Muffins is sponsored by Vital Proteins, all opinions are my own.
Carrot Zucchini Muffins with an optional cream cheese frosting. These tasty muffins are packed with veggies, collagen peptides, and so many good things. These muffins are given a skinnier twist with reduced refined sugar, and all those carrots, zucchini, and apples. Throw in some pecans and you practically have a complete meal. Drop what you are doing right now to go make these muffins.
These muffins have a secret. A secret ingredient. These muffins are already packed with amazing ingredients, but this extra special ingredient makes these even more amazing. So what is it? Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend.
You guys know how much I love Vital Proteins, and how they were a life saver with my picky eater when I couldn’t get him to eat anything. I have been an avid user for 2 years now. And during that time they have come out with some awesome new products from beauty waters to bone broths, and beauty greens, and of course collagen veggies!
Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend
I was really excited about the collagen veggies, and was stoked to try them. The benefits are incredible, and I love that each serving offers several servings of vegetables, fruits, and of course the collagen peptides.
The beauty greens are something I love adding to my smoothies. And I just knew the veggies would be just as awesome. I’m not going to lie and pretend they tasted awesome on their own. I tried them in water, by themselves, and it wasn’t for me. But they are really good for you. They help with digestion, boosting energy (something I always need), and of course the duo of the collagen and hyaluronic acid make them great for hair, nails, and skin. Because they offer so many convenient and amazing benefits, I decided adding them to baked goods was how I would use them.
These Carrot Zucchini Muffins were the perfect vehicle for the VP Collagen Veggie Blend. They are already packed with awesome vegetables, fruit, and even nuts. And they taste amazing, so adding the collagen veggie blend only helped to enhance the delicious flavor.
I added a cream cheese frosting because my kids are far more likely to eat something that can be passed off as a cupcake. But it doesn’t need it. They are so good without it that I left half the batch unfrosted, and it was the first half gone.
I love that I can make these for my family and get the natural benefits of a stronger gut and increased energy supply in a great tasting, convenient way!
Other Options for Enjoying Collagen Veggie Blend:
- Blend into smoothies or juices, I like to use my Vitamix beacuse the motor is powerful enough to mix all of my recipes.
- Keep handy in the kitchen for baked goods or savories
- Enjoy in a cold glass of water (not for me, but the hubs liked it).
Tips for making Carrot Zucchini Muffins:
- Start by wringing out the zucchini so it is not as wet, this will help the muffins cook faster and have the right consistency. I like to use a potato ricer to wring out my zucchini, it makes it fast and easy.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately before combining.
- Stir them together until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5+ minutes before removing them.
- These are often also called Morning Glory Muffins, and are known to have lots of fun add ins. You could add raisins or craisins, other nuts, pineapple, pepitas, etc. Have fun with it, and adjust to your preference.
- You can find the vital proteins online (free shipping) by clicking here: Vital Proteins
Other Vital Proteins Recipes you may like:
Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2-3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend
- 1/2 cup pecan chips
- 1 cup grated zucchini wrung out
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 - 1 Tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and spices, as well as Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend. Whisk together, then set aside.
- In another bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and use a rubber spatula to fold it and mix it together, until just combined.
- Spray or line 2 muffins tins (24 total muffins), and fill the tins between 3/4 and all the way full.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5-10 minutes before transferring to a rack.
- Add frosting if desired.
- Combine all frosting ingredients together in a bowl, and use a hand mixer to mix until smooth. Adjust thickness by adding more or less powdered sugar.
Pin to your Muffins board on Pinterest: