Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post and keeping it free for my readers. All opinions are my own.
These pumpkin spice protein bars have a fun addition of organic whey protein, and are a great twist on a holiday classic. Pumpkin bars topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting, flavored with pumpkin pie spice!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dessert board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It is Pumpkin Season! You know, that time of year when all the things are pumpkin! Or pumpkin spice! And let’s be honest, I jump on that bandwagon every single year. There is no reason not to. Pumpkin is delicious.
But with pumpkin waffles, pumpkin pie ice cream, pumpkin toffee, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookie cheesecake, pumpkin cake rolls, and mini muffin tin pumpkin pies, I needed a way to make these just a teeny tiny bit healthier so I could justify eating half the sheet myself! Ok, I am not claiming these are healthy, but they do have some really awesome Organic Whey Protein, the unflavored Vital Proteins version. And the addition of this protein not only makes me feel better about eating these bars, but it is great for you. Look at all the awesomeness:
- This Organic Whey Protein is a premium organic reserve protein from organic grass-fed milk
- It increases BCAA intake
- This protein has no additives, sweeteners, lecithins, or fillers
- It is cold processed without acids to ensure nutrient-rich, natural state
- Supports a healthy immune system
So in other words, feel free to take a guilt-free great big bite! And if you are looking for a really great protein option, look no further. This Whey Protein is my favorite whey option.
Check out how easy these are to make in this fun video:
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Pulled Pork Pulse Protein Bowl
- Healthy Pineapple Dole Whip
- Easy Healthy Eating Sweet Potato Harvest
- Healthy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Organic Whey Protein
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin immulsion or 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin together in a large bowl. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Organic Whey Protein, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture, until well mixed.
- Coat a jelly roll pan with non-stick spray, and pour batter into it.
- I love Nordic Ware pans because they will never rust, they cook evenly, and they are made in the USA.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together frosting ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Let pumpkin spice protein bars cool, then frost, slice, and enjoy!
- Cool then frost.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
This recipe was adapted from LexiMichelleBlog.com
Pin to your DESSERT board: