Pumpkin Spice Bars
These pumpkin spice bars are topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting, flavored with fall spices, and are everything you want from a Fall dessert!
Perfect texture, density, sweetness level, and frosting to bar ratio!
Pumpkin Spice Bars
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dessert board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It is Pumpkin Season! You know, that time of year when all the things are pumpkin! Or pumpkin spice! And let’s be honest, I jump on that bandwagon every single year. There is no reason not to. Pumpkin is delicious.
My love of pumpkin is strong with pumpkin waffles, pumpkin pie ice cream, pumpkin toffee, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookie cheesecake, pumpkin cake rolls, and mini muffin tin pumpkin pies, I didn’t need any excuse for a classic Pumpkin Spice Bar.
Why We Love Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Warm, Comforting Flavor: Pumpkin spice bars embody comfort, with the warm flavors of fall–cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves gives these pumpkin bars a rich, aromatic taste that is perfect for cozy autumn days.
- Versatility: Change up your Pumpkin spice bars to suit your tastes. Add ingredients like chocolate chips, pecans, or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Have fun making it your own.
- Nutritional Benefits: While this is a dessert, it skews on the better side, as pumpkin is full of nutritious elements like vitamins, minerals, and potassium, as well as fiber!
- Ease of Preparation: These are so easy to make, and require no advanced baking skills. Plus they whip up fast!
- Seasonal Appeal: Perfect dessert for the fall season!
Fun Additions For Pumpkin Bars
- Chocolate Chips: Stir in a handful of your favorite chocolate chips: white chocolate, semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips! These will add a delightful contrast to the warm spices in pumpkin bars.
- Nuts: My preference is pecans, but chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds all work great and provide a nice crunch and nutty flavor.
- Dried Fruits: Chopped dried fruits can add a burst of sweetness and chewiness. Try cranberries, raisins, or apricots.
- Coconut: Shredded coconut adds a tropical twist and a pleasant texture to the bars.
- Cream Cheese Swirl: Create a marbled effect by swirling in a layer of sweetened cream cheese before baking instead of topping them with the cream cheese frosting.
- Streusel Topping: If you aren’t a fan of cream cheese, then try a crumbly streusel made from flour, butter, sugar, and spices instead.
- Caramel Swirl: Drizzle caramel sauce over the batter before baking, or over the top of the cream cheese when it is done! Yum.
- Ginger: Freshly grated or ground ginger adds a spicy kick that complements the pumpkin and spices.
- Maple Glaze: Much like the caramel, you can top the bars with a sweet maple glaze for an extra layer of flavor and sweetness.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Sprinkle pepitas on top for a crunchy finish.
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Pulled Pork Pulse Protein Bowl
- Healthy Pineapple Dole Whip
- Easy Healthy Eating Sweet Potato Harvest
- Healthy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
Pumpkin Spice Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin immulsion or 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin together in a large bowl. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture, until well mixed, but without over mixing.
- Coat a jelly roll pan with non-stick spray, and pour batter into it.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until bar is set.
- Meanwhile combine all the frosting ingredients together in a large bowl, and mix together with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Let pumpkin spice bars cool, then frost, slice, and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
This recipe was adapted from LexiMichelleBlog.com
Pin to your DESSERT board: