Chicken is such an easy food to serve my family. It is inexpensive, freezer well, and can be prepared in a variety of ways, which is why I have shared so many chicken recipes this week. However, this is probably one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. It is soooo easy to make, even the most kitchen-challenged can make this. It has lots of flavor. It has only a few ingredients. And the leftovers are awesome too. If you have any.
Chili Honey Lime Chicken Tenders
- 1-2 lbs of chicken cut into tenders
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce Mae Ploy is my favorite for this recipe
- juice of 2 key limes the tiny limes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- In a large fry pan heat your olive oil on medium heat
- Then put about half the sweet chili sauce in the bottom of the pan
- Add your chicken
- Cover chicken with other half of sweet chili sauce, squeeze on lime juice, and drizzle honey over top.
- Saute stirring and flipping, making sure the sauce is not burning
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is starting to turn dark (the sugars in the honey should be crystalizing and starting to burn)
- Remove from heat and serve
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
And don’t forget the leftovers are awesome. I made some last week, and used the leftovers in griddle tacos with homemade restaurant style salsa and fresh guacamole and it was awesome!
Love chicken? Try some of these:
Leave a Reply