The creamiest, most delicious chip dip! 5 minutes is all you need for this fantastic, simple, and totally delicious chip dip. Yep, who wants potato chips without a creamy, herby, easy dip? Not me. But trust me when I say, this is WAY BETTER than the packets, and just as simple.
Serve with Buffalo Wings and Crudite Platter with Roasted Veggies for a great game day spread.
Ok guys, I am a huge fan of those sour cream chip dips, but I wanted to take it up a notch and make this the world’s best chip dip. So I added cream cheese. Yep! It makes it creamier, tangier, and the most perfect
This dip makes the perfect addition to a party table spread, or even just an afternoon snack. I have been known to whip it up for myself to eat with carrot chips!
What You Need to Make Chip Dip
5 simple ingredients and a couple seconds is all it takes to make this amazing dip.
- 8 oz cream cheese: Full fat or light works here
- 1 cup sour cream: Full fat tastes best
- 1 Tbs dry ranch seasoning: I like Hidden Valley
- 1 tsp onion powder: Optional, but really really good.
- 2 green onions chopped: For color, texture, and flavor. Chop them evenly and small.
How to Make Chip Dip
Making chip dip is so easy, I almost feel like I am cheating. Basically just put everything in a bowl and stir it all together. However, to make it easier, better, and creamier, here are a few tricks!
- Use softened cream cheese for the best results.
- Use a spoon to stir it all together.
- Fold the green onions in at the end.
How to Soften Cream Cheese
Quick Method: Fill a glass bowl with water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Dump water out. Place hot bowl over a package of cream cheese for about 5 minutes.
Easy Method: Stick the packet of cream cheese in your pocket and let your body heat do the work while you gather the other ingredients.
In a Pinch Method: Remove cream cheese from packaging, and microwave for 20 seconds.
This recipe is so perfect for XYZ and I love pairing it with:
- Easy Chicken Club Sandwich
- Summer Fruit Salad
- Mango Black Tea Lemonade
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Raspberry Buttercream
Make Ahead and Storage
How to make this recipe ahead of time:
One of the great things about this recipe is it can easily be made ahead and doesn’t hurt the quality of the dip. In fact, it can make it taste even better, as the flavors get a chance to meld.
To make ahead, simply follow instructions, then place in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
This recipe DOES NOT FREEZE well, as the dairy in it will separate when frozen.
Other Great Recipes:
- Pizza Dip
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Texas Trash Dip
- Everything But the Bagel Dip
- Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
WANT MORE EZPZ? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs dry ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 green onions chopped
- Make sure cream cheese is very soft. In a medium sized bowl, add all chip dip ingredients except green onion, and use a hand mixer to combine.
- Mix until smooth, then fold in the green onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with dippers of your choice.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Appetizer board on Pinterest:
Leave a Reply