Chorizo and Potato Soup:
This ultra-delicious, smokey and creamy Chorizo and potato soup is a bowl of goodness to warm your soul.
Chorizo and Potato Soup
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Soup Recipes board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It is already the ‘Soup Season’. All those Stockpots, Slow-cooker already be out and are in use to the fullest. For me, nothing hits the spot like a comforting bowl of hot soup in winter. While classic Creamy Tomato Soup always tops the list, I do try out different recipes. Clear broth soup to thick creamy soup, I love them all. My latest obsession is this healthy Low Carb Cabbage Chicken Taco Soup. It is light and full of Mexican flavors. After all those calorie-rich diets during the festive season, this soup would come to your rescue. So bookmark the recipe and give me a shout out if you are making it.
Let’s talk about this Chorizo and Potato Soup today. If you love potato soup, then I am sure you are going to love this version. The chorizo sausage gives the soups a spicy and smokey flavor. Once the potato is cooked, it makes the soup creamy.So you don’t have to add gallons of cream to make it creamy. This hearty soup is very filling and rich. With some crusty bread on the side, it would make a complete meal in itself.
I wouldn’t claim that this soup is healthy. But hey!! it is absolutely fine to indulge in a rich bowl of soup on a cold night. If prefer slightly chunky soup, then this soup is for you. The recipe I am going to share is on the stove top. But after I did this soup a couple of times, I realized this soup can also be easily made in a slow-cooker. In fact, if you are planning to have this soup for dinner then slow cooker is the best option. Put everything together in the morning and let it cook on low heat.
I have used spicy Spanish chorizo in this recipe. You can also substitute with any other sausage and adjust the spices accordingly. This soup tastes even better the next day, as all the flavor blends well with time. If you like add a spoon or two of cream while serving.
More Soups You Might Like:
Chorizo and Potato Soup
- 8-10 Ounce Spicy Chorizo crumbled in to small chunks
- 15 Ounce Potatoes Peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbspn Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tspn Cumin Powder
- 1 tspn Dried Thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pot.Add Oil
- Once the oil is medium-hot, add Chopped Onion. Fry till it softens.
- Add minced garlic. Cook till aromatic.
- Add chorizo. Cook 4- 5 minutes. It will start to release oil and color would change.
- Add Cubed potato. Cook on medium heat 5-7 minutes.
- Add Cumin Powder, thyme and season with salt. Mix well.
- Add Chicken Stock and bay leaf. Cover and let it cook.
- Stir in between. If required add more stock. Potatoes should be cooked and become soft.
- Once potatoes are cooked through,reduce the heat and add milk.
- Stir well. Cover and let it cook further for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- While serving, garnish with chopped green onion.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Soup board on Pinterest: