Taco Soup: The most flavorful taco soup you will ever eat takes only 10-15 minutes to throw together. Healthy, easy, full of protein, fiber, and flavor; you can’t go wrong with this soup!
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Soup board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This Taco Soup is my go-to, easy meal, that everyone loves. I personally love it best on day two or three after the flavors have a chance to really meld.
I often make a big pot, and eat it for lunch for a week. It may sound boring, but the flavors are great, and you can add all kinds of yummy goodness to top the soup to mix things up and add variety. It is comfort soup. A classic. And packed full of good things.
I make Taco Soup every year for our neighborhood Halloween party, and it is a regular part of our weekly dinner rotation. It is seriously SOOOOOOOO easy. I like some spice, so I use a hot salsa, and extra taco seasoning, but it is really easy to adjust to taste.
So what makes this taco soup different or better than any other? I don’t want to make claims that it is the best. But I will say people don’t easily forget this tasty soup. And one of the reasons why is I take an easy extra step to make it extra flavorful. For example, one of the best ways to get added flavor to this dish is to cook your meat right in the seasonings, and with some of that salsa. It makes every bite of beef flavorful, and adds some extra season/spice to your broth as well.
10-15 minutes minimum. You just need to cook your beef, and heat the rest. However, the longer you let it simmer, the more the flavors have a chance to meld, and the more depth of flavor you are going to get.
More Soup recipes you may enjoy:
- Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup
- Easy Meatball Soup
- Steak Tortilla Soup
- Classic Ministone Soup
- Creamy Clam Chowder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1.5 c salsa
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning make your own, or use a packet
- 1 can corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 c water
- Brown your ground beef with half a cup of salsa and a Tbs of taco seasoning.
- Add all other ingredients to a pot. Do not drain corn or beans.
- I like to make my Taco Soup in my Staub Dutch Oven. I love the fact that it can go from stove top to my oven, even though I don't need to do that for this recipe.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down and let simmer so flavors will mix. You can make this in a slow cooker instead if you wish, slow cooking for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with toppings: cheese, sour cream, chips, avocado
Next time you want a quick, easy, and totally flavorful meal the whole family will enjoy, this Taco Soup should be it!
Pin to your Soup board on Pinterest: