Lemon Chicken: A pan seared chicken breast, cooked in a delicious creamy, low carb, lemon sauce and served with asparagus!
This creamy lemon chicken dish is everything you want from a meal, and the fact that it is low carb doesn’t hurt a bit. The chicken is tender and flavorful, and that pan searing helps give it that golden caramelized crust that adds so much flavor. The sauce is what all my dreams are made of with lemony creamy goodness, and the asparagus is crispy but tender, making this a complete meal the whole family will enjoy.
I am obsessed with skillet chicken dishes like this teriyaki chicken or this tuscan chicken. There is just something about taking chicken and adding a tasty sauce, searing it and cooking it all in one pan that makes me happy. A complete one-pan meal is the epitome of eazy peazy. And this creamy lemon chicken is no exception. It gives me all the feels!
Step four: Make the Creamy Lemon Sauce
Want more quick and easy dinner ideas using chicken? Try some of these:
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables
- Greek Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
- Asian Lemon Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Lemon Chicken Piccata
Or want a different protein?
Creamy Lemon Chicken + Asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound asparagus stalks trimmed
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan freshly grated parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, and onion powder
- Generously Season chicken with spice mixture, then add to the skillet
- Cook chicken for about 6 minutes per side, until a golden crust forms, and chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and onions to skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender depending on thickness of asparagus.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock and lemon juice, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic, half and half, and parmesan and bring to a boil, add chicken back into the pan, and lower heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add asparagus and onions back into the pan, coating with sauce.
- Serve chicken breasts topped with lemon slices and garnished with fresh parsley and parmesan.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your chicken board on Pinterest or your low carb/keto board: