Sheet Pan Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables: This is a sheet pan meal where chicken and vegetables are baked together for a low mess, big impact meal.
Sheet Pan Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Chicken board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I have been seeing Parmesan chicken popping up all over the internet, and even had some at a local restaurant. But I was complaining because all of it was cooked in butter or oil to get that crispy parmesan crust. And while the taste is amazing when you do that, it isn’t exactly figure-friendly. When I crunched some calorie numbers I wanted to cry. So I decided to make a baked version. I figured if I bread the chicken in parmesan, and bake it, then I lose a lot of the fried calories.
And boy was it good. The flavor of this chicken is ridiculously good, and when you take into consideration the fact that you can cook both your protein (chicken), and your vegetables on the same pan, well it just make it the perfect combo for a delicious meal. No one at my house complained.
MY LATEST RECIPES
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Bread the chicken- You guys, I tested this recipe over and over in my attempt to get the bread crumb to parmesan ratios right. I personally loved the idea of more parmesan, but found it hard to get it to stick to the chicken, and stay sticking to the chicken if I put too much. A 50/50 ratio seemed to be the best solution. But if you do not mind a little bit of the crust coming off, then you can up your parmesan and lower your bread crumbs. Up to you.
- Bake your chicken- After you use the seasoned egg mixture, and dip the chicken in the parmesan bread crumb mixture, really all you have left to do is bake it! Because chicken is not always the same size, or thickness, it is important to simply bake until you reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. If you do not own a meat thermometer, and you want juicy, delicious chicken, invest in one. There are a ton of them on Amazon, in several different price points. It just helps insure you get meat cooked perfectly every time. But I have put in an average cook time below based on standard sized chicken, and the weights mentioned in the recipe.
- Garnish- A little fresh parsley or basil can make a big difference in lightening the chicken and adding that little something extra to the dish. Now, I do add some butter and seasonings to the vegetables, and if you want to you can pour a little over your chicken. Fat is flavor.
Parmesan Chicken and Veggies Variations:
- I love using this meal for meal prep, and will sometimes swap out the potatoes for cauliflower for a more diet friendly version.
- I also really love adding a little parmesan to the veggies.
- You can use this dish as a “clean out the fridge” option and toss in other vegetables as well, just remember not all veggies cook at the same rate. So add them to the pan accordingly so you get a nicely cooked meal.
Check out other fun EZPZ Sheet Pan Chicken meals:
- Italian Sheet Pan Chicken
- Garlic Sheet Pan Chicken
- Cajun Sheet Pan Chicken and Fries
- Sheet pan chicken stir fry
Pin to your Chicken board on Pinterest: