This post first appeared on Real Housemoms, where I am a contributor.
A refreshing Pineapple Limeade made with a simple syrup, fresh basil, fresh lime juice, and plenty of pineapple. A mocktail made in paradise that will take your tastebuds on a tropical vacation.
This is an icy refreshing glass of pineapple and lime flavors combined to perfection, and I can’t get enough of it. I made it once. I made it twice. And now I want to make it again and again. Honestly, if you are going to make just ONE drink from my site, make it this one. But do yourself a huge favor, and don’t limit yourself to only one of the amazing drinks on my site. I mean, hello… Watermelon Slush. Refreshing and fantastic. This bold, cool, refreshing combination of flavors will have you asking for seconds.
Basically make any and all the drinks and you will be good.
I am basically obsessed with adding fresh herbs to drinks. I recently shared a Sparkling Strawberry Limeade, that was delicious. And it is nearly as good as this one!
Pineapple and lime is basically my version of perfection. And the basil just makes it that much better. For me, fresh basil is the perfect addition to any summer drink. I love the depth of flavor it adds, and that hint of spice. I like basil everything though, so if you
are crazy hate basil, then leave it out this Pineapple Limeade it will still rock your world. And if you want the fresh herb flavor, but not basil, go for mint! Mmmmm
I am the kind of person who would rather drink than eat my calories, but I don’t drink alcohol. This means mocktails like this one are my jam! Delicious, fruity, fun, and flavorful drinks are something everyone should enjoy. And holy moly this Pineapple Limeade is a good one. I had the idea for it and then I was craving it for days. Finally I got around to pulling out my tried and true Blentec blender. By the way, I love my Blendtec for making drinks of course but it is super powerful and I use it for all sorts of recipes.
I walked out to my herb garden and got basil! And then this concoction came to pass. You are welcome!
So go ahead, pour yourself a nice tall icy glass of this refreshing mixture! You won’t regret it. And if limeade is not your thing, check out this Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. Holy Yum!
Other drinks that you might like:
- Cucumber Mint Mojitos
- Black Cherry Dragonfruit Mocktail with Blackberry Mint and Lime
- Mango Orange Mojito (Virgin)
- Cranberry Apple Raspberry Brunch Punch
- Slimming Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Simple Syrup
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Squeeze limes to get 1 cup fresh lime juice, set aside. You can make this job easier with an Electric Citrus Juicer
- Make simple syrup by combining sugar and water in a heavy bottom sauce pan and bringing it to a boil. Stir until water is clear. remove from heat, and set aside to let cool.
- In a blender combine frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, and lime juice, and blend until smooth.
- Fill pitcher with pineapple lime mix and simple syrup, and ice, chiffon (cut into strips) basil, and stir it all together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!