These Easy Chocolate-Dipped Granola Bars don’t require any baking and are made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! They’re a no fuss, delicious solution to healthy breakfasts and snacks.
Easy Chocolate-Dipped Granola Bars
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your breakfast board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Have you ever made granola bars? They’re seriously so much fun to make. I always get this really great sense of fulfillment when I make them. Like “I definitely could have bought these at the store, but these are healthier AND more filling AND more delicious.” And I’ve played around some with throwing in off the wall ingredients, like these bulgur granola bars, but today I just wanted to master the granola bar. The simple, delicious, boost to your morning granola bar.
These Easy Chocolate-Dipped Granola Bars are just as they sound. The base of the bars is a simple mixture of rolled oats, granola, almonds, and an almond butter/honey mix. Rather than baking this, we’re just going to pop it in the freezer to firm up a bit. Then we’ll dip them in dark chocolate, because….it’s good for you? Okay really we’re dipping them in dark chocolate because any morning that begins with a bit of chocolate is bound to be a good day (but also because it’s packed with heart healthy flavonols and antioxidants.
Finally, we’ll top our bars with a quick sprinkle of trail mix for added flavor and pizazz (I don’t have kids, but I imagine this would be a step I’d designate to a kid. They could make their own design with the trail mix or put whatever trail mix ingredients they want on theirs. The possibilities are endless here!) Then just pop them in the freezer once more to harden the chocolate and that’s it!
Keep them in a container in the fridge for a quick breakfast, a super-filling snack, or for whenever the sweet tooth strikes.
More Breakfast Ideas You May Love:
- Apple Pie Breakfast Cookies
- Breakfast on the Go
- Breakfast Stuffed Avocado
- Strawberries ‘n Cream Chia Breakfast Pudding
- Breakfast Burritos
Easy Chocolate-Dipped Granola Bars
- 1 ½ cups rice krispies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large bar of dark chocolate
- ½ cup trail mix or a mix of ¼ cup seeds of choice + ¼ cup dried fruit of choice
- In a large bowl, combine rice krispies, oats, almonds, and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine almond butter and honey, then microwave for 30 seconds, or until hot and pourable. Mix vanilla into almond butter mixture.
- Gently combine hot almond butter mix with the dry oat mix.
- Line a 9x13 inch dish with parchment paper and spoon your granola mixture in. Press firmly so that the granola is really compact (I like to use the bottom of a glass for pressing).
- Pop granola in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up, then cut it into about 9 bars.
- Melt chocolate (either using a double boiler or in the microwave) and transfer to a shallow dish. Gently dip one side of each bar into the chocolate, using a spoon to evenly coat it if needed. While the chocolate-coated side is still warm and melted, sprinkle on the trail mix.
- Put the bars back in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up completely, then enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.