This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission, all opinions are my own.
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados: A tasty breakfast or brunch option, filled with flavor and protein. California avocados filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes are a yummy way to pack in nourishment, a helping of healthiness, and a meal that will leave you full for hours to come. After tasting the Breakfast Stuffed Avocados, you will never want put eggs without avocado on a plate again.
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
California Avocados, Not Just for Guacamole
Avocados are all the craze right now and why wouldn’t they be? Avocados can do even more than just make delicious guacamole. For example, California avocados can be used in salads, used as healthy fat substitute for oil, like in this Texas Sheet Cake recipe, made into avocado fries, used in hummus, used to make chocolate mouse, and the list goes on and on. You can also just add them to anything to make it taste better like I did with this baked chicken bowl. But just wait until you try these Breakfast Stuffed Avocados.
California avocados can be utilized in so many ways, making avocados a cooking ingredient necessity. Not to mention all the health benefits that avocados have associated with them.
Plus, if you have some left over avocados and looking for more ways to utilize this great ingredient, it is suggested that avocados are good for helping with dry hair or itchy scalps. It really is amazing all the avocado capabilities.
California Avocado Benefits
I didn’t always realize all that avocados had to offer. While I have always loved avocados, I painted them in only one light. A fun fruit used to make guacamole, or add to Mexican food. For the longest time I only ate California avocados when mashed up as a condiment with my tortilla chips or placed in my burritos. Until recently, I had no idea all that I was missing out on, including these Breakfast Stuffed Avocados.
California avocados provide a rich dimension and outstanding flavor to Mexican dishes, but they offer a lot more than good flavor and color to my dinner, taking their potential uses way beyond the scope of tacos, chips, and burritos.
Avocados a Super Food? Absolutely
Do you know that avocados are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, potassium, and a array of vitamins? Avocados are heart healthy, prevent spikes in blood sugar levels and deterioration in eyes due to aging. Science has also demonstrated that they decrease chances of getting some cancers. And, because they curb appetite so well, they are also a great diet food. Avocados are truly a super food!
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados Have it All
With all of the nutrients provided in an avocado, no wonder it makes a great companion to any breakfast or brunch dish. Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, so it’s crucial to eat something that starts your day off right. The Breakfast Stuffed Avocados are the answer to your breakfast or brunch quandaries.
First the dish starts off brilliantly with a California Avocado. Right there it is already packed with protein, health benefits, and taste. Then it is filled with scrambled eggs, which are also a hearty meal choice, and then mixed with some potatoes and bacon for added flavor. Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese, and with a snap of your fingers, out of the oven comes flavorful and filling Breakfast Stuffed Avocados loaded with nutrients.
5 Great and Unexpected Ways to Use California Avocados:
- Smoothies: Avocados add great texture, protein, and rich flavor to smoothies.
- Fat Substitute: Avocados are a healthful fat substitute for butter, shortening, eggs, oil, mayonnaise, and sour cream in cakes, puddings, dressings, and sauces. The result is a delicious dessert, dressing, or sauce with a healthy vegan ingredient substitute to often less healthful fat options.
- Face Mask: Avocados are a perfect face mask that are said to help minimize wrinkles on your skin.
- Great Spread: Use avocados as a spread for toast; what a great, quick, and filling snack (meal).
You are going to love the Breakfast Stuffed Avocados. This dish not only utilizes this amazing super food, but this meal is tasty, the preparation is fast. The heartiness of this dish makes you feel fueled and ready to go for the day. Next time you are making out your grocery list, get what you need to put Breakfast Stuffed Avocados on the menu.
Convenient tools that can be used to make Breakfast Stuffed Avocados even easier:
I like to cook my bacon is the oven so that I can prepare my potatoes and eggs while the bacon is cooking. I put aon a baking sheet then add the bacon and throw it all in the oven.
Cooking the potatoes is a quality frying pan will ensure even cooking. I like thebecause they are durable, have efficient heating for even cooking, and are oven safe up to 400 degrees.
I like to use anthat will split, pit, and slice my avocado all with one handy tool.
Here are some other California Avocado Recipes:
- CA Avocado Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Tex Mex Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Creamy Avocado Fettuccine
- Mango Avocado Salsa
Breakfast Stuffed Avocado
- 4 California avocados halved and pitted
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 cup cooked breakfast potatoes cubes
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shreds
- Preheat oven to broil on high
- Halve and pit avocados with an Avocado Slicer, and using a kitchen spoon, scoop some of the avocado out to create a larger space in the avocado skin.
- Scramble 4 eggs, adding some salt and pepper to season, and cook in a small skillet until just under done. A little runny is okay.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs together with cooked bacon and cooked potatoes
- Fill the avocados with a scoop of the eggs and bacon mixture, distributing it evenly between avocados.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Broil 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted, keeping a close eye so as not to burn it.
- Remove from oven, season further if desired, and eat and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Breakfast board on Pinterest: