These Tandoori Chicken Wraps are a quick and easy Indian meal you can eat on the go. Perfect for lunches and those craving succulent bites of spicy tandoori chicken.
Tandoori Chicken Wraps
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dinners board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey guys, Sarah & Laura from Wandercooks here with a super quick and easy recipe that will satisfy hungry tummies of all ages. This one came about from our undying love of CURRIES – we love them all! Indian, Thai, Malaysian, it doesn’t matter. We even adore fusion creations like this incredible Choo Chee Chicken Curry (it’s from our hometown of Adelaide, with a foot in both Thai and Australian cuisines) and our latest experiment for quick and easy Nonya Style Chicken Curry. But I digress!
These Tandoori Chicken Wraps are packed full of incredible tandoori flavor. Topped with tzatziki for a burst of freshness. Coriander for a herbaceous zing. These babies are quick and easy to prepare and you can easily eat them on the run too. We’ve been known to cook them up for an effortless weeknight meal, then wrap up the leftovers for a delicious lunch the following day.
There are a few secrets to epic flavor in this Tandoori Chicken Wraps recipe:
- Give the chicken enough time to marinate in a blend of tandoori paste and sour cream to soak up all those delicious spices. If you don’t have sour cream on hand, you can always substitute with natural yogurt.
- Fry up the chicken until the tandoori paste juuuuust starts to blacken and the chicken is perfectly cooked – juicy and tender, just the way we like it!
Now, for this fusion style recipe we actually love using Greek-style flatbread (we call it yiros bread in Australia) because we adore the flavor and slightly crunchy texture after cooking them up in a small fry pan with a bit of oil. But do feel free to use your favorite flatbread. There are so many flatbread options out there like vegan, multi grain, carrot, kale, low carb, and even spicy vegetable.
P.S. We think these Thai Lettuce Wraps would be the perfect accompaniment to these wraps for a super healthy cross cultural dinner!
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza on Turkish Bread
- Mango Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry
- Green Curry
- Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
Tandoori Chicken Wraps
- 2 chicken breasts approx 3 cups diced
- 1 Tbs tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp corn oil + 1 tsp
- 4-8 flatbread wraps
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup tzatziki
- coriander for garnish
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add tandoori paste and sour cream. Mix to coat the chicken evenly, then cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook, turning chicken pieces frequently, until marinade just starts to blacken and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean pan, heat the extra oil and cook each wrap (on 1 side only) on medium heat for a few minutes until slightly browned and crispy.
- Smear a small amount of tzatziki on cooked wraps, then top with rice, cooked chicken and coriander to your liking.
- Wrap up and enjoy!
Pin to your CHICKEN board on Pinterest: