Sweet, four ingredients, and just so delicious. This fruit dip is the perfect addition to any fruit tray!
Sometimes simple is best, so today I am sharing one of our family’s all time favorite fruit dips.
It is super easy, super tasty, and great with any fruit you have. I totally suggest making your fruit tray into a rainbow by arranging your fruit by color in lines, then use the dip as the “pot of gold” at the end of the rainbow! (I probably should have done that)
Basically you can dip any fruit you want into this:
- Apple slices
- Berries: either as it, or on a skewer to make it easier
Even though this is a fruit dip, it is also great with graham crackers, cookies, and on marshmallows. But Strawberries will always be our favorite.
How to Make Fruit Dip
The great thing about this fruit dip is it is SO EASY TO MAKE. You literally just need to mix all the ingredients together. But there are a few tricks for making it perfect:
- Use a Whipped Cream Cheese or Be Sure to Let it Come To Room Temp: Whipped cream cheese is lighter, fluffier, and will result in fewer lumps in your fruit dip. If you can’t find whipped cream cheese, a regular block is fine, just be sure to let it sit and come to room temperature so it is easier to mix together.
- Stir well. If I am making a big batch, like for a party I will use a hand mixer and just mix it all together, getting creamy, smooth results. But when I am making a single batch for snacking, or to go with pancakes or waffles and fruit for breakfast, I just make sure I stir until it is smooth. P.S. This makes a great alternative to syrup for topping waffles.
Can I Make This Ahead?
Yes! You can, you can whip it up up to 3 days in advance. And it will keep well in an air tight container in the refrigerator. You just want to give it a quick stir, incase it separates at all while in the refrigerator, before serving.
Can I Freeze Fruit Dip?
Freezing dairy products isn’t always the best. Especially the cream cheese, as it can get watery and grainy. So it is better to simply make this and refrigerate it, or make it fresh the day you want it.
Serve this fruit dip at a BBQ with your favorites:
End of the Rainbow Fruit Dip
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients together until combined well.
- Serve with fruit
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.