Instant Pot Potato Salad: A delicious potato salad recipe where the potatoes and eggs are cooked together in an instant pot for a quick, easy, delicious potato salad.
Serve this Instant Pot Potato Salad as the perfect barbecue side dish or summer salad. It is flavorful, the pressure cooker won’t heat up your house, and is a hands free, simple way to make a classic side.
Instant Pot Potato Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Sides pinboard!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest
MY LATEST RECIPES
When it comes to potato salad, you want tender but firm potatoes that hold their shape, perfectly cooked eggs with a creamy yolk, and a flavorful sauce. And a nice perk would be not having to worry about keeping an eye on things while they cook. Am I right?
Well this instant pot potato salad checks all the boxes.
For this recipe you are going to wash, peel, and chop your potatoes, and then cook them right along with the eggs. It is so easy to do, and makes for a really convenient dish.
I recommend using a steamer basket to make it easier to pull the potatoes out and leave the excess water behind, but you do not have to. You can strain it. The first time I tested this recipe I did not use a steamer basket, so keep that in mind. It is not a necessity. Just know the potatoes sitting directly in the water will be softer than the other ones, but this can also help to thicken up some of the sauce!
Also, don’t forget to get your ice bath ready for the eggs to stop cooking time, reduce the risk of getting that green ring that indicates the egg is over-cooked. And it will also help make peeling easier.
I like a little texture in my potato salad, so I love adding some celery and onion along with the eggs and potatoes. It gives some crunch, and make it just that much better.
Then there is the sauce. This is a classic potato salad sauce, with plenty of dill. Remember to taste the sauce by itself, and make sure you like the flavor. But keep in mind the potatoes and eggs are going to be rather bland, so you will want to taste it all again after putting the sauce on the potato salad. Then season with salt and pepper to your personal preference.
Instant Pot Accessories Great for Potato Salad
Here are the ones my community of Instant Pot lovers recommend the most:
- Steamer Basket: This steamer basket has a silicone handle to make it easier to get out. And is the perfect way to get your potatoes out of your pot liner without any of the excess water!
- Egg Steamer Rack: Obviously for this method I simply set the eggs on top of the potatoes to cook for the potato salad, but if you wanted to make an egg salad with the same dressing, or make a larger serving of this, an egg steamer rack is very handy for quickly making several hard boiled eggs (or soft boiled).
- Additional Inner Pots: When I am using the Instant Pot for sides, chances are I have a main dish I am looking to whip up as well, or a secondary side, like baked beans. So having an additional liner is very useful for speeding things along.
- Colored Sealing Rings: You do not want your potatoes to take on the flavors of past meals, especially if you make something like Chicken Tikka Masala or Mexican Shredded Chicken, so having extra rings is helpful.
Other Sides and Salads you Might Like
- Red Bliss Potato Salad
- Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
- Classic Mustard Potato Salad
- Light Creamy Cucumber Salad
Pin to your Sides or Instant Pot board: