These flourless peanut butter caramel bars are any peanut butter/caramel lover’s dream! They whip up in only minutes and are completely flourless and better for you.
Flourless Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Healthy Desserts board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey, hi, Eazy Peazy readers!! Whoa, we’re already in the thick of September already, guys!! How is time even moving this fast?
Anywho, I’m SUPER-stoked to be back again on Rachael’s gorgeous blog today sharing another totally nom treat with you! Oh my gosh, is today’s treat ever GOOD. ??
So raise your hand if you’re a total peanut butter/caramel enthusiast. I’m right at the front of that line with ‘ya raising both hands SUPER high because peanut butter and caramel are pretty much my favorite things in the universe.
Today we’re taking things to a WHOLE ‘nother level of dessert, friends. Not only are these bars you see below totally indulgent and totally perfect for peanut butter/caramel lovers alike, but they’re on the HEALTHY side of things. I mean, can I get a fist bump??
How does this work? Well, first of all we’re gonna take out ALL the flour you usually find in bars, replace it with natural peanut butter and a few other basic bar ingredients, press it all into one pan and let the oven do the magic for us.
But wait! The magic isn’t over yet, because HOMEMADE caramel sauce still needs to join the wild peanut butter party. Caramel smothered into every inch, y’all. Oh heavens, YES. —>
Guys, I’m issuing a warning right here and now. If you’re even the slightest bit human, you are not going to be able to resist eating every.single.one of the bars straight from the pan.
They’re too good. Also I have living proof of that warning above. Unfortunately/fortunately.
Definitely a fortunate thing.
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
- Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bar Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Caramel Apple Slices
- Caramel Cashew Cake (No Dairy, No Eggs)
Flourless Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 square pan with tin foil and lightly grease.
- I like to use my Pyrex Baking Pan because it is incredibly durable, and is dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator safe.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, egg, sugar, baking soda, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake bars at 350F 13-15 minutes or until a light golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Make the caramel: In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugar, and agave to a low boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture is a deep golden brown and slightly thickened. Remove caramel from heat and whisk in baking soda and salt.
- I found these uniquely designed whisks and to be honest I have not bought them yet but I am seriously considering it even though I have about 10 whisks in my kitchen. They are made of silicone so they won't scratch or damage your pots and they claim to not leave any corners untouched with their one of a kind design.
- Drizzle warm caramel over bars and let stand 10 minutes until caramel is slightly set. Slice into squares and serve bars. Enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your DESSERT board:
If you love peanut butter and caramel together…you’ve GOT to try these other goodies!