These adorable caramel apple slices are easy to eat and fun for the whole family to make! Crisp apples, chewy caramel, and any festive topping you can imagine!
Caramel Apple Slices
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Holiday Food board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hello again! It’s Alli from Longbourn Farm back with another recipe! Caramel apples just scream Fall, but….I actually hate eating them. They are so big and messy and rarely can I actually finish an entire caramel apple.
Caramel apple slices are the answer! Easy to grab and eat for me and the kids, plus they are super fun to make with your family. Caramel apple slices also make a great party dish or fun treat for friends, I’ll even share a magic trick to keep the apples from browning too quickly.
I like a very tart apple since the caramel and other toppings are so sweet. Granny Smith’s are my favorite for baking and treat making because they are tart and sturdy.
The apples I bought were seriously gigantic so I only used three for this whole recipe! And if you have leftover apples you should seriously make these adorable Mummy Apple Hand Pies. SO CUTE.
You can use either caramel bits or individually wrapped caramels, like I did. If you are using individually wrapped caramels, be sure they are fresh! Stale or old the caramel will be extremely tough after it is melted.
If you aren’t sure, just get the caramel bits! They are easier than unwrapping all those caramels anyways. 🙂
I also melted some chocolate and almond bark for making fun designs on the caramel apples slices. This is where your creativity can run wild! Holiday themed sprinkles are also a fun addition.
Some fun topping ideas!
- Melted milk chocolate
- Melted semi-sweet chocolate
- Almond bark
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed hard candy
When are sprinkles not a fun addition?! I used some of these same sprinkles on my soft pumpkin sugar cookies this week, they are so fun!
If you are decorating with multiple people, it can take a while to get all the slices done and some of the toppings will start to solidify.
To keep this from happening, I simply fill a large baking dish with a few inches of hot tap water and place the topping containers in it. This is called a “water bath” and will keep everything nice and warm and melted.
If you want to deliver these cute treats to friends or bring them to a party, just brush the exposed apple with a little lemon juice and they will stay fresh for a few hours! No browning.
I hope you enjoy this fun Fall treat and make a batch with your family!
More recipes you may enjoy:
- Apple Pear Crisp
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Pork Loin with Apples, Potatoes, and Carrots
- Mini Muffin Tin Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bites
- Apple Butternut Squash Soup
Tools Needed For Caramel Apple Slices:
- These Silicone Baking Mats make a nonstick surface and easy clean up.
- This Apple Slicer makes slicing apples that much easier and quicker.
Caramel Apple Slices
For the Caramel Apples
- 4-5 medium apples tart apples, like Granny Smith work best
- 1 pound caramel pieces or 1 1/2 packages of meltable caramel bits see note
- 2 tablespoons water
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 squares white almond bark see note
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Colored sprinkles
For the Caramel Apples
- Slice Apples away from the core into 1-inch slices.
- Combine caramels and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each one, until totally melted (see note). This may take a few minutes.
- Dip the slices into the caramel, letting the excess drip off. Place on a baking sheet lined with a Silicon Baking Mat to set.
- Repeat until all the slices are coated in caramel.
- If you want the slices to last for a few hours (see note), brush all the exposed apple with lemon juice.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon oil in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until melted.
- Melt milk chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon oil in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until melted.
- Melt white almond bark in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until melted.
- Drizzle over caramel coated apple slices in any design you like!
- Dust with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.