Peanut Butter Frosting: Thick, peanut butter frosting, perfect for topping chocolate cupcakes! The ultimate in luxurious, smooth, creamy, thick, delicious frosting. This peanut butter frosting is so good you will want to eat it with a spoon.
This peanut butter frosting has gotten rave reviews across Pinterest, and is a classic. Some have mentioned it is a thicker frosting Than they would like, so if you plan to use this peanut butter frosting to frost a cake, thin it out some. For cupcakes, it is the perfect topper!
Peanut Butter Frosting with my favorite cupcakes ever are PEANUT BUTTER CUP! I mean seriously, chocolate and peanut butter goodness. It is a treat well worth the extra cellulite that ends up on my thighs every time I even think about these cupcakes. Can you hear that? That is the sound of my pants button popping.
Ok, not true, I mean…how could it be, I am wearing sweats. Yep, it is 2:30 in the afternoon and I am dreaming of peanut butter cupcakes and wearing sweatpants.
Peanut Butter Frosting Uses
Beyond cakes and cupcakes, there are tons of fun ways to use this Peanut Butter Frosting or the enhance it:
- Cut a Reese’s in half and stick it on top of the frosting!
- Drizzle it with chocolate.
- Stuff cookies or cupcakes with it.
- Stir it into cooked oatmeal for a sweet breakfast treat.
- Use it to fill sweet rolls
- Or my preferred method, and reason for sweat pants…eat it straight up with a spoon!
Peanut Butter Frosting: I mean can you see how amazing this is? I have a friend who owns a bakery, and she has even won Cupcake Wars. Anyway, she makes these peanut butter cupcakes that are to die for. I seriously love them, and want one every day. I could never figure out how she got her peanut butter frosting to taste so much like peanut butter while still having that lighter, whipped, frosting like feel. Every time I tried to make a peanut butter frosting it was either too oily, or it tasted more like confectioner’s sugar than peanut butter.
So I tested and tested, and this is what I came up with. And I have to say, it is exactly the way I like my frosting. Thick, but light. And tasting like peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Frosting Tips:
- Taste and adjust as needed. Every peanut butter is different. Some have a higher oil content, or more sugar, etc. So while this recipe is tested and true, it may not be perfect for you if your peanut butter is too different from mine. I used Jif
- Adjust liquid amounts as needed. Again, different peanut butter has different consistency. So adjust to get the consistency you prefer.
- Use room temp butter. You want the butter to be soft, but not so soft that it is going to be runny. So slightly chilled (but still mixable) or just room temperature butter is perfect for Peanut Butter Frosting.
- Use a hand mixer to get the smooth creaminess!
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner solution?
Try the Eazy Peazy Mealz Recipe Binder: Get a printable version of all our favorite recipes in one convenient e-book for only $5!
Plus, you’ll get so much more, from conversion charts and tips, to meal planning worksheets and shopping lists. 200 + pages to make your weeknights easier.
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐ ⇐
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 2-3 Tbs of milk
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, using hand mixer, cream together peanut butter and butter
- Add in the vanilla and powder sugar, and mix to combine.
- Add in milk to make it the consistency you want. More or less according to preference
- Taste, adjust according to taste.
More desserts you might love:
- Caramel Cashew Cake
- Martinelli’s Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies
- Lime Dreamboat Dessert
- Not Quite Krispy Kreme but Dang Good Doughnuts
Be sure to check out the other fun desserts and snacks on EZPZ Mealz
Pin to your DESSERT board for later: