Halloween Cupcakes: Monster Cupcakes
Whether you buy cupcakes already made and decorate them, use a mix to create the cupcakes, or bake them from scratch, these cupcakes are going to be a huge hit at your Halloween party. And they are honestly the best cupcakes for letting kids get creative. Want one eyeball? How about two? A big mouth? A tiny one? Sharp teeth? Nubs?
Let’s celebrate Halloween with these Cute and Spooky Halloween Cupcakes. I have seen a lot of Halloween cupcake ideas, from horrible to adorable. And these Monster cupcakes are some of my favorite. Mostly because you can make them as scary or fun as your heart desires.
Room moms should take note because these are a fun class party cupcake idea. Kids get really into making these little monsters. And the ingredient list is pretty simple.
Customizing Monster Halloween Cupcakes
Throw a frightfully good Halloween party with fun cupcakes to delight your little monsters. Your Halloween cupcakes can be customized with your preference of color and style, so let’s look at a few of the things you need to make this fun monster come to life.
- Grass Icing Tip, Small star icing tip- The fur on the monster is created using a specific piping tip. Of course, you could opt for a different fur, but why when this look is just so cute?
- Cupcakes – I am a huge fan of chocolate cupcakes, and will usually whip up a batch. But did you know you can ask your local bakery for unfrosted cupcakes? You could pick up a whole slew without frosting in a variety of flavors and let everyone choose their favorite.
- Buttercream Frosting- I have several frosting recipes I love, including this to die for Chocolate Buttercream. But for these, since you are making colored icing, it is probably best to use a vanilla buttercream.
- Food Coloring- Pick whatever colors you want those monsters to be. I loved using a variety of colors for a super fun cupcake tray.
- Candy Eyeballs- Get a variety of sizes to make the monsters even more fun.
- OREOs- You are going to want big and small, and you will want separate the cookie from the icing, and in some cases break the cookies in half too to make the mouths.
Once you have everything in place, let the fun begin. Simply pipe frosting on cupcakes to look like monster’s fur. Decorate each cupcake as desired using candy eyeballs and OREOs, and dig in.
There is nothing better than a dessert that is festive, adorable, and easy! These monster eye cupcakes check all the right boxes, and I love that they are cute.
Other Great Halloween Cupcake Recipes:
- Skeleton Cupcakes
- Witches Hats Cupcakes
- Frankenstein Cupcakes
- Ghost Cupcakes
- Halloween Cupcake Ideas
Halloween Cupcakes: Monster Cupcakes
- 1 c Grass Icing Tip Small star icing tip
- 24 Cupcakes
- 1 c Buttercream Frosting
- Food Coloring of choice for monster "fur"
- Candy Eyeballs
- 1 package OREOs of various sizes
- Mix your frosting with the food coloring of your choice for making your monster cupcakes.
- Put your grass icing tip in a piping bag. This is how you will get the "fur" look.
- Once the tip is in your icing bag fill it with colored icing and pipe the “fur” onto your monsters. Start at the outside, and work your way in. This tip is easy to use and will only take you a minute to get the hang of it.
- After icing, add candy eyeballs , the number of your choice. It is good to do a variety for a fun effect. 1 large eyeball, several small, etc.
- Add OREO mouths to the monsters. A small OREO or use just the cookie part of a large OREO and cut it in half.
- Add white frosting teeth.
- Be creative and have fun!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Halloween board: