Halloween Cupcake Ideas: These amazing Skeleton Cupcakes are the cutest little Halloween cupcakes, and can be made easily and with a few fun ingredients. When it comes to cupcake decorating ideas these skeleton Halloween Cupcakes take the cake…er…cupcake. (insert head shake here).
Halloween: Skeleton Cupcakes– Spookily delicious, ghoulishly fun, and so yummy you will be goblin them up (see what I did there?) These are the kind of cupcakes you will be dying for. Hardie har har. Okay, enough silly puns and Halloween jokes, just know these cupcakes are the most fun cupcakes, so easy for Halloween.
With a few simple ingredients, a little patience, and some creativity you can have the world’s cutest cupcakes to serve your family, have as a Halloween party dessert, or even use as a Class Halloween Food Craft! I mean, how fun are these? I know several kids who would really love making these skeleton cupcakes.
Back in the days when I was a room mom, and really got into helping in my kid’s classroom, I loved having fun and tasty ways for kids to express their creativity. Coming up with Halloween cupcake decorating ideas was always a particular favorite of mine, and these little skeleton cupcakes are amongst my favorite.
You could dip your own pretzels, but I like to simplify things and buy the already dipped kind. It is easier, and usually means a more even dip. At least for me.
Halloween Cupcakes Decorating Ideas
If I am being honest, this is not my original idea. I wish I knew who was the original genius behind it. But now, if you search Google or Pinterest you will see this shown in several reiterations. I am simply adding my own spin to it. I like taking the big marshmallows and cutting them, and using the Jack Skeleton fave. But you really could do it whatever way you would like.
You could also use chocolate shavings instead of crushed OREO to make the dirt for the grave scene. Once you decide what you are going to do to make these your own, here are the basic steps:
- Mix up your cupcakes according to box directions. Or purchase already made cupcakes.
- Once they are cooled, gather up all of your ingredients and supplies, then ice the cupcakes with the chocolate icing. I love this homemade chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Put a lollipop stick in the back of the cupcake. I like the Lollipop sticks 100 count 6 inch because the 6 inches gives me room to build up the skeleton.
- Thread a mini marshmallow onto the lollipop stick. Put a white chocolate covered pretzel on the stick.
- Thread another mini marshmallow.
- Thread another yogurt pretzel.
- Another marshmallow, another pretzel.
- Go ahead and decorate the big marshmallow with melted chocolate or a Black Marker.
- Then top with your big marshmallow
- Cut a yogurt pretzel in half, and add it as arms
These are so stinkin’ cute, right? And what better to enjoy them with then a stinkin’ cute story about a skeleton girl who finds a bone and tries to figure out who it belongs to? Great for my age range, 4-8 years: Skelly the Skeleton Girl! The story is cute, and the illustrations delightful.
Want directions and supply lists for more fun Halloween themes cupcakes? Try these:
For more delicious recipes try these:
- Corn Dip
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Penne
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Halloween: Skeleton Cupcakes
- Chocolate frosting
- OREO crumbles
- Yogurt Pretzels
- Mini Marshmallows
- Regular sized Marshmallows
- black food marker or melted chocolate or piping frosting
- Lollipop sticks
- Bake cupcakes according to boxed mix directions
- Ice your cupcakes with chocolate frosting, and cover with OREO crumbles.
- Stick a lollipop stick into cupcake.
- Thread a mini marshmallow onto stick
- Thread a yogurt pretzel onto stick
- Repeat two more times (threading marshmallow then pretzel)
- Draw a face on a large marshmallow using a black food pen
- Stick head on top of stick
- Cut one yogurt pretzel in half to make skeleton arms
- Attach to the body yogurt pretzels
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Halloween boards: