Hawaiian Pizza Sliders are an easy appetizer for your next party that’s a sure fire hit! These little bites of deliciousness taste just like your favorite pizza and are ready twice as fast as your local pizzeria!
Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your appetizer board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hi everyone! I’m Julie from Bread Booze Bacon and I’m super excited to be hanging out with all of you! I don’t know about you, but football season is one of my favorite times of the year. While I love spending my Saturdays yelling at the TV (I’m a college football girl), what I love most is having an excuse to spend all day hanging out with friends and eating lots of yummy food. There’s always a big spread of dips, crock pot recipes, and finger foods when we host the game. I love recipes I can make a big batch and then set out for everyone to enjoy. No spending the day in the kitchen when I want to be in the living room with everyone.
Sliders are one of my favorite party foods! I can make them a dozen at a time, and if we’re having a big crowd, I can usually get two dozen on one baking tray to make baking time go by even faster. One of my husband’s favorite game day eats is Hawaiian pizza. The combination of crust, sauce, gooey mozzarella cheese, ham, and sweet pineapple is just so darn good! While I love pizza (really, it’s my desert island food), whipping up some Hawaiian Pizza Sliders at home is a bit cheaper, easier for feeding a crowd, and they’re ready in about 25 minutes. Instead of the 45 minute to an hour for our local pizza place to deliver.
Tips for making Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
- Buy pre-made rolls from the store. Get the ones that are attached so you can cut all the rolls in half at once. This makes prep super easy!
- Fresh pineapple is delicious in this recipe, but you can cut down on the prep time by using canned pineapple tidbits.
- You can use deli-style ham or leftover holiday ham for this recipe. If you’re using holiday ham, be sure to cut up the ham slices into bite-sized pieces so the whole chunk doesn’t come out of the slider when you’re eating it. There’s nothing more annoying than all the filling pulling out of your slider on the first bite.
My family and friends LOVED these Hawaiian Pizza Sliders. I loved how easy they were to whip up! Once I pulled them out of the oven, I let everyone help themselves buffet style to the sliders, crock pot spinach & bacon queso, deviled eggs (a must at my house), sheet pan chicken nachos, or these sweet potato fries. I also add a little fun serving my Hawaiian Pizza Sliders on a cool. We like lots of different foods to choose from when we’re munching all day. The Hawaiian Pizza Sliders went so fast I ended up needing to make another batch! I know you’ll love these sliders as much as we do.
Other game day recipes that you might enjoy:
- French Onion Soup Sliders
- BBQ Pork Sliders
- 10 Game Day Appetizers
- Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
- Best Ever layered Bean Dip
Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian bread rolls
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 slices deli sliced black forest or honey ham
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple finely diced or canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- Scant pinch of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap the dinner rolls and use a bread knife to cut the rolls in half so all the tops are separated from the bottoms. Set the tops aside.
- Place the bottoms of the rolls on a baking sheet. I like to line my baking sheet with a Silicon Baking Matbecause it makes clean up so quick and easy.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the bottom half of the rolls, going all the way to the edges. Sprinkle the sauce with Italian seasoning.
- Layer the ham slices over the pizza sauce. Depending on the size of your ham slices it could take more or less ham to cover all the rolls and get a good layer of meat. Use your best judgement on this.
- Top the ham with slices of mozzarella cheese. (I got mine from the deli counter.)
- Sprinkle the pineapple all over the cheese, being sure to spread it out for even coverage. You want some pineapple in every bite.
- Place the roll tops over the pineapple, cut side towards the fruit.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle salt & pepper over the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the rolls are crusty and the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Cut the sliders apart with a sharp knife once they are cool enough to handle. Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your appetizer board on Pinterest