Buttery lemony herbed chicken with stir fried crunchy vegetables and cilantro lemon brown rice all fixed in 30 minutes. Yes, you read it right, all in 30 minutes! Can you believe that? Multitasking and little prepping ahead makes a delicious healthy, hearty meal for your busy weekday dinner/lunch. Try this one out, I guarantee you won’t mind one bit!
Lemon Chicken with Cilantro Brown Rice
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Meal Prep board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey guys Jyothi from CurryTrail back with another recipe. Meal prep bowls makes life easy through the week. Plan ahead, make time to prep and cook food for you and your family for the week ahead, store them in fridge and you can breathe through the week relaxed. Yes, meal preps for a week do take time, but I say it’s worth it.
A few meal prep recipes to try –
You will forget those take out meals and online food orders that you are probably doing through the busy week, when you are held up with work and have no time or energy to cook everyday. Meal preps are the perfect ways to eat and stay healthy all week, you see you don’t have to end up hogging those greasy pizzas and fried burgers!
You can also prepare a bunch of different flavors at once during meal prep so you won’t get bored of same menu all week long. In this Lemon Chicken with Cilantro Brown Rice I have stir fried the vegetables and cooked chicken in pan. You can easily throw all vegetables and chicken in oven and roast or grill them, you choice!
Keep in mind not to push Lemon Chicken with Cilantro Brown Rice in the fridge beyond 4 days. It won’t taste as good. Also I just microwave the meal for few seconds so it’s just warm enough to eat. I do not recommend freezing these meal boxes. Prep it for 4 to 5 days a week.
Feel free to use any vegetable of your choice for this lemon chicken with cilantro brown rice. Also you can swap brown rice with super grains like quinoa. And just like that lunch is served!
Tips to make meal preps easy and effective
- Cook rice first, as that takes the longest time. I recommend pressure cooker for rice as it’s fast and fuss free to cook rice.
- Choose vegetables of your choice. Go for easy cuts of vegetables like simple slicing, cutting in halves or quarters. Chop them in bunches.
- While rice is cooking, roast or stir fry vegetables and chicken all in one pan. You can quickly saute one vegetable after another or simply throw in all vegetables in and do a quick stir fry.
- Make sure you marinated chicken before. All you need next is about 20 minutes to cook chicken.
- Use boxes that have air tight lids and the boxes have to be refrigerator friendly and microwaveable. The idea is to store the meals in a box that you can carry and eat from the same box after microwave heating.
- Again, I do not recommend storing them in freezer.
Looking for more ideas on chicken meal preps? Check this out
- Chicken Banh Mi Meal Prep Bowls
- Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep Bowls
- Easy Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Fiesta Chicken Meal Prep Bowls with Cauliflower Mexican Rice
- Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Lemon Chicken with Cilantro Brown Rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- ½ cup cilantro/coriander leaves
- 4 chicken breasts
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium sized broccolis cut into small florets
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 – 10 cloves garlic minced
- Cook brown rice until nice and fluffy. Once cooked set aside to cool.
- Add juice of 1 lemon, salt to taste and ½ cup chopped cilantro into rice. Give it a gentle mix.
- Marinate chicken breasts with lemon juice, salt to taste, pepper, Italian seasoning. Mix well and let it sit in fridge until use.
- I found these reusable silicone storage bags that would work perfectly for marinating!
- In a pan heat an teaspoon oil. Stir fry broccoli florets seasoned with little salt for about 2 minutes or so. Remove from pan on to a plate.
- Stir fry zucchini slices in the same pan for a minute or so. Remove zucchini on to a plate.
- Throw in the baby tomatoes and let it blister in the pan, takes about a minute depending on the heat of the pan.
- Add the butter and remaining olive oil. Arrange marinated chicken breasts in the pan. Add minced garlic on sides of the pan. Cook chicken on both sides until seared well. Remove from pan once cooked, let it cool. Slice.
- Portion chicken, rice, vegetables between 4 storage containers. Top it with some more cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately, or cover tightly with lids and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Meal Prep Board on Pinterest: