Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
Peanut butter and banana combine with a nice oat crumble to make these tasty and satisfying muffins sure to hit the spot!
I had a really sad day in my kitchen: My blender and my crockpot broke! Both on the same day. So sad.
I decided to drown my sorrows in something delicious, as I an emotional eater. But it was late in the day, and I didn’t want anything too unhealthy, so instead of Sugar Coma Bars (my go to indulgence), I opted for these. And I am so glad I did.
I had some bananas, and wanted banana bread, but I also wanted peanut butter. I opted for some peanut butter banana oat muffins. I topped them with a great brown sugar crumble, cuz that is how I roll. I make my muffins healthy, then top them with butter and sugar. I was drowning my sorrows after all. My bananas weren’t over ripe, but I think it made these even better having them at an edible stage, rather than brown.
I chose muffins, but you could do a loaf. Muffins cook faster, have some bulk, and taste amazing. And, a plus, they are not too unhealthy. Only 1 cup of sugar, and it makes about 48 muffins (perfect for freezing or sharing).
In my oven I baked for exactly 22 minutes, but every oven is different. The best way to check is to just insert a butter knife in the center to see if it comes out clean. These were good hot, but even better on day two, as the peanut butter flavor was more distinct.
Be generous with the crumble topping. It adds a little crunch, a little sweet, and a lot of fun. But, if you want to skip the extra calories, just leave the crumble off completely. These still make a great breakfast muffin. One warning, they do have a strong banana flavor, so if you have banana haters at your house (my son hates them), these will not be something they enjoy. I can get away with bananas in smoothies like this green smoothie, without him noticing, but this muffin is banana bread!
These will keep in an airtight container for about a week. Enjoy!
And don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook, follow us on IG (@ezpzmealz), or subscribe in the sidebar so you don’t miss a recipe!
Love banana bread? Try these:
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 cups Quaker Oats blend or food processed into ground oats/flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 5 tbs Quaker oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt I used light and lean Dannon
- 1 cup peanut butter I used chunky, but smooth works too
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- about 3 cups mashed bananas I used 5 medium to large sized bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
Crumble Topping (optional)
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 6 tbs chilled butter
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts if desired
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix dry ingredients except white sugar together in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients and white sugar in another bowl, use a hand mixer to mix until smooth
- Combine the two, stirring until wet, but not over-stirred
- Make topping by combine oats and sugar. Cut into chilled butter, mixing with fork until it resembled crumbs, stir in nuts if desired
- Line muffin tins with paper baking cups (approx 48)
- Fill cups 3/4 full
- Top with crumble
- Bake 20-25 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.