Cajun Chicken Alfredo Skillet Pasta
A creamy sauce with a hint of spice tangled in tender noodles with chunks of chicken and topped with colorful, crunchy bell peppers! Easy dinner made quick!
A complete dinner that is simple to make and has a hint of cajun to add extra flavor and spice! If you love cajun be sure to try these dinner that are just as good: Cajun Baked Salmon, Sheet Pan Cajun Garlic Chicken and Fries, or Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip.
I love making skillet pasta for those end of the week type days when you have a little of this and a little of that on hand, and you just don’t know what to make.
My dad served an LDS mission to Italy, so I grew up eating pasta as pretty much a staple. We had it several times a week.
I really love pasta. My husband however, managed an Italian restaurant for several years, and ate “free” so after eating nothing but pasta for far too long, he is not the biggest fan.
Thus, I rarely make it anymore, but find that a good skillet pasta tends to go over well.
I always base my sauce choice on what veggies I have on hand, and thus what will be found in the skillet, but I find this Cajun Alfredo to be pretty yummy with whatever I have, peppers, squash, carrots, etc.
I sometimes serve it with chicken, sometimes without any meat.
How do you make Cajun Chicken Alfredo Skillet Pasta:
- Seasoning for chicken: In a small bowl, mix salt, basil, pepper, garlic powder, and cajun together. Rub all over the chicken
- Cook: In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add: chicken, and cook for 6 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Starting the cajun Alfredo sauce: Remove mostly cooked chicken from skillet, and set aside. To the skillet add minced garlic, sun dried tomatoes. sliced onions and peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender and flavorful.
- Cooking noodles: Meanwhile, start water to cook linguine according to package directions.
- Slice: chicken into strips.
- Mixing it all together: Add heavy cream, and parmesan to the skillet, and add in chicken, and cooked linguine. Stir thoroughly, and cook until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- Taste: Add extra Cajun seasoning if desired, or salt and pepper
- Top: Sliced green onion and serve hot.
What kind of pasta is best?
I use linguine when we make this skillet but this skillet is great with several different kinds of pasta of your choice.
- Farfalle or Bow Tie Pasta
- Angel Hair
What goes well with Cajun Chicken Alfredo Skillet?
This pasta packs a lot of flavor into it, so pairing it with less bold sides is a good idea. A nice bread such as a garlic bread twist is a good place to start. And then simple salads and roasted veggies is great too.
Can Cajun Chicken Alfredo skillet be made ahead of time?
This is a great dish to make ahead of time.
Wait to add the pasta until you are ready to serve the dish.
The cream sauce will absorb in the pasta and lose the thickness of the sauce as well as be harder to warm up the pasta perfectly. If you do assemble it all ahead, reheat with a little milk or cream to get the sauce to the consistency you want.
More Chicken Pasta recipes for you to try:
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad
- 30 Minute Chicken Pasta Bowl
- Chicken Sausage and Peas Alfredo Pesto Skillet
- Creamy Jalapeño Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Skillet Pasta
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips optional
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped fine
- 1 med onion sliced thin optional
- 1 med red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 med green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced green onion
- 12 ounces linguine or pasta of choice penne is good also
- In a small bowl, mix salt, basil, pepper, garlic powder, and cajun together.
- Rub all over the chicken
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, and cook for 6 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove mostly cooked chicken from skillet, and set aside. To the skillet add minced garlic, sun dried tomatoes. sliced onions and peppers.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender and flavorful.
- Meanwhile, start water to cook linguine according to package directions.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Add heavy cream, and parmesan to the skillet, and add in chicken, and cooked linguine.
- Stir thoroughly, and cook until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- Taste, and add extra Cajun seasoning if desired, or salt and pepper
- Top with sliced green onion and serve hot.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.