Healthy, hearty, and so easy to make. This slow cooker black bean soup is packed with all the nutrients and anti-oxidants you need to protect your body this winter, and only requires a few minutes prep time, then the slow cooker or crock pot does all the work!
You guys, my kids are growing up. And in so many ways I am seriously grateful. Like, I am so not one of those moms that are always wishing their kids would stay little. I love not having to change diapers. I love not having to always find a babysitter. I love actually sleeping ALL night long. But just in the last few weeks I keep thinking about how big my youngest is getting.
She is only two, so I am still changing 1 diaper (although we are making some real progress with potty training thanks to these AMAZING banana pops). And I don’t always get to sleep through the night. But anyway, she is growing up. And with that comes this seriously cute expanded vocabulary. She used to always say stuff like, “Mom, dats num” But now she says, “Lish-us!” It is her way of saying “Delicious: and I just love it! It gets me every single time!
When I fed her this soup, she said, “Mom, it’s lish-us! Tanks!” So there you have it, from the mouth of my babe, this soup is “Lish-us!!”
Plus it is super easy to make. The only thing you have to do is brown the sausage, and dump everything into the crock pot! Seriously easy peasy.
Another plus is you can totally make it vegetarian if you want by leaving out the spicy sausage crumbles and swapping vegetable broth for the beef broth. It is great for meatless Monday. But trust me, the spicy sausage and beef broth are both “lish-us” as well. So try it either way because you will love it!
Slow Cooker Black Bean SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs dried chives minced
- 3 15 ounce cans black beans
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced small
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced small
- 1-48 ounce box of beef broth
- 1 15 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups corn kernels
- Cook 1 lb of spicy sausage until it is in crumbles, the put in slow cooker
- Peel and dice sweet potato and onion, and add to slow cooker
- Add spices, beans, garlic, onions, and chives to a slow cooker, give it a good stir
- Pour tomatoes and beef broth over the top, and stir again
- Let cook on low setting for 6-8 hours
- An hour before serving, stir in corn, and let cook.
- Serve topped with garnish: fresh tomatoes, avocado, creme fresh, etc.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Love soup? Try some of these: