S’mores Whoopie Pies is a graham cracker cake cookie with chocolate ganache and a tasty marshmallow buttercream.
The weather here in Utah has been so dreary. Inversion, bad air, cold, no sunshine. I have been sick for a while, and the weather here is not helping at all. I have been in need of some serious cozy-ness and comfort. For me that usually involves one of two things: A hot bubble bath, or a steaming mug of hot chocolate, and curling up with a fuzzy blanket and a good book.
But now I am adding these decadent s’mores whoopee pies!
S’mores Whoopie Pies
And of course, with my steaming mug of cocoa I need something delicious. And the marshmallows made me want S’mores! There is just something about sugary, chocolatey, marshmallowy junk food that screams comfort to me. Especially since I have to wear my “comfortable” pants afterwards. Hahaha. But really, these S’mores Whoopie Pies are the BEST way to enjoy a cup of cocoa. They rock!
S’mores Whoopie Pies are basically a rich chocolate ganache and smooth marshmallow buttercream sandwiched between two graham cracker cake cookies. When you eat one you will toss your skinny jeans out the window and embrace your “fat pants” because you will realize that eating something so decadent is worth whatever price. And who really looks good in skinny jeans anyway?
Okay, okay, maybe you can exercise some self control and not eat the whole lot yourself. Me…well, let’s just say that little story I told you earlier this week about my daughter calling my tummy “quite large” may be directly connected to the over-consumption of these glorious S’mores whoopie pies. Worth every calorie. Worth abandoning those new year’s resolutions. They are comfort embodied, and should ALWAYS be accompanied by cocoa.
Now don’t you just want a big old bite?
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Crockpot S’mores Fondue
- Frozen S’mores Pops
- Healthy cinnamon Hot Chocolate‘
- S’mores Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Stuffed Pancakes
S'mores Whoopie Pies
- 2 cups Graham Crackers crumbs approx 9-11 crackers, crushed
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1- 14 ounce bag chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
Whoopie Pie Shells
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will help thee cookies not to stick to the pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder, set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, vanilla, baking soda, and vinegar, set aside
- In a stand mixer, combine 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar using the paddle attachment and cream together for 2 minutes.
- After creaming the sugar and butter together for 2 minutes, add the eggs in one at a time.
- Beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in milk mixture and flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Scoop mixture into a gallon sized ziptop bag, and cut the tip.
- Pipe 2 inch circles of batter, it will spread, so make sure to give them space. (9 to a pan is the most I would do, you should get 24-26 total)
- Bake 8-10 minutes, let sit on pan for 1-2 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
- While the whoopie pie shells cool, mix together all of the marshmallow buttercream ingredients in a large bowl, using a hand mixer, and pop in the fridge for a few minutes to allow to set up a bit.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream for 45 seconds to 1 minute
- Pour the chocolate chips into the whipping cream, and stir until melted and shiny!
- Add salt.
- Take a "cookie" and scoop 1 Tablespoon of chocolate ganache on top, and spread, then add 1 Tablespoon of the marshmallow buttercream, and top with another "cookie".
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week!
Bake on a metal baking sheet, and don't forget to let cool on sheet to get best results.
Don’t forget to pin for later: