Sticky Chicken Bites are the stuff my chicken dreams are made of. This recipe offers rich, Asian inspired flavors, in a fun, baked, chicken bite! Cut into bite sized pieces, crunchy exterior, and a flavor packed sticky sauce make these a family favorite in no time at all.
Oh my gosh you guys, I kept seeing a recipe for Sticky Garlic Chicken and I knew it was something I was going to love. It called for all the things that make me happy, like hoison and garlic. After thinking about this recipe for weeks, I knew I had to try it and put my own spin on it. I add some oyster sauce, and ginger paste, and extra honey! And you guys! Not only was it easy to make, flavorful, and fun, but my whole family loved it.
The first time I made Sticky Chicken Bites, I made the mistake of using regular soy sauce. And the chicken came out very salty. I think I may have used garlic salt instead of garlic granules as well. So I made it again, and adjusted, used a low sodium soy sauce, and made sure to use garlic powder, not salt. And while it certainly has some salt to it, this sweet, sticky, baked goodness became an instant favorite.
Sticky Chicken Bites Tips:
- Keep in mind that I tend to like things on the sweet side. So if you do not, cut down on the amount of honey added. Oyster sauce and Hoison both have sugars in them, so taste your sauce, and adjust to personal preference.
- Spread the chicken out on the baking sheet to insure even cooking, and optimal crispiness.
- Eat right away. These are breaded, so not that great reheated or much past when they are cooked as they get soggy.
- Don’t skip the garnish for these sticky chicken bites. It is a great addition.
- If you love things super saucy, double the sauce. This provides a thin, but adequate coating of sauce.
I think this would be great on chicken tenders as well, but I love the bite sized pieces for my family. My kids loved being able to eat them with chopsticks! Which, for the record, we stink at! But it was still fun, and this is going to be in the regular dinner rotation. Or at least make an appearance on game days, as this is a fun game watching finger food!
Other yummy recipes to try:
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Asian Inspired Roasted Veggies
- Honey Asian Chicken
- Asian Lemon Chicken
- Asian Dipping Sauces
Sticky Asian Chicken Bites
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 cup Panko Coating
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce low sodium
- 1/2 cup Honey or Agave
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste or 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs Sriracha
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tsps sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray, or line with a silicone baking mat. Silicone Baking Mats make clean up super easy!
- Mix together onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, pepper, and season chicken with it.
- Dip chicken into eggs, then dredge in Panko, use your fingers to press the Panko coating onto the chicken.
- Add chicken to prepared sheet pan. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine minced garlic, soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, ginger paste and Sriracha and cook over medium high heat, until slightly thickened, approximately 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your CHICKEN board on PINTEREST:
spanish to english says
happy wheels says