Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps are flavorful, crunchy, and so much fun. And you can prep them ahead for lunches during the week.
This was a delightful dinner, and surprisingly, one my children ate willingly. I think they are getting better at eating the healthy stuff, but they really did eat this, and enjoy it! Shocker for me, with peppers, tons of vegetables, and served in lettuce leaves, I expected resistance, but I did not get any.
They said it smelled really good, and tasted even better. Lucky me. My disclaimer is that this is not really authentic Thai, this is more me experimenting with flavors and trying to come up with something to mix things up as I have been serving my kids a lot of zucchini, yellow squash, and red peppers lately (I had a TON of them, thank you garden). But since it is a peanut sauce, I figure Thai is as close as it gets. Yum!
The sauce has that nice peanut flavor, and is so good. I mix it up and cook the chicken in half, and use the other half as a sauce to pour over the lettuce wraps before serving. Yum!
Making Lettuce Wraps
- Chop up all of your veggies and chicken.
- Saute your garlic in a little olive oil.
- Add in the chicken. Get a nice sear.
- After cooking for a few minutes, add in your vegetables.
- Cook for five minutes, and add the drain all the liquid out of the pan.
- Add in your chili pepper flakes and your sesame oil.
- Mix up your peanut sauce, and dump half over your mixture, reserve the other half.
- Cook until veggies reach desired tenderness.
- Serve inside butter lettuce leaves, topped with sauce and fun extras, and enjoy!
Fun toppers for these Chicken Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps include:
- Crushed peanuts
- Rice Noodles
- Chow Mein
I love using these for meal prep, and I will package them in these awesome containers: FOUND HERE. And eat them all week for lunch.
Here is why I love these containers so much:
- Perfect size.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Great for planning.
Thai Peanut Lettuce WrapsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 chicken breast diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs garlic
- Red chili pepper flakes a dash
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbs Peanut butter creamy
- 2/3 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 4 tsp Honey
- 2 Tbs Garlic or less if you don't want as much
- Peanuts optional
- Chow mein noodles optional
- Chop up your chicken and vegetables, and wash and dry lettuce leaves
- Heat your skillet
- Add your olive oil, and saute your garlic
- Add in your chicken, and cook 3-4 minutes
- Add in fresh vegetables, cook until beginning to get tender
- Drain excess liquid
- Add in the sesame oil, and chili pepper flakes
- Meanwhile, mix together peanut sauce
- When vegetables are crisp-tender, dump peanut sauce over, and stir in well.
- Cover, let sauce cook down, about 3 minutes
- Serve in washed Romaine lettuce leaves and peanuts and chow mein noodles
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.