Delicious white chocolate drizzled popcorn snack mix. Perfect for that special someone for Valentine’s Day!
Whew….what a mouthful that name is. And a sweet mouthful too. Trust me when I say this is one of the best tasting snack mixes you will ever taste, and so dang easy too. When I made this treat, Valentine’s Day just got a little sweeter. I made a giant batch and filled cute little cellophane bags and Valentine’s themed buckets to distribute to neighbors and teachers. Such a fun gift.
It combines some of my favorite treats. It has red velvet muddy buddies (which you can find a simple recipe for here), Valentine’s Candy Corn, Valentine’s M&M’s, sprinkles, mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, conversation hearts, and plenty of delicious chocolate to tie it all together.
Let’s talk for a second about why this is such a fun snack? It has sweetness, crunch, and good old fashioned Valentine’s Day fun. I mean who doesn’t want to read a “Be True” reminder in their snack mix? It is also a dry snack, so you can throw a baggie full in the purse to feed the kiddos on the go. Yes…this means I am the mom that is filling my kids with sweets, then wondering why they are misbehaving at the grocery store. But this is such as fun sweet snack.
Is your mouth watering yet? Well, despite my diet, I am snacking on this while I write up this post. I can’t help it. There is just something I love about the crunchy goodness that makes me feel love and warmth, and everything Valentine’s Day related!
Valentine's Day White Chocolate Popcorn Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn air pop it
- 6 cups red velvet muddy buddy mix
- 1 cup Valentine's colored M&M's
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Valentine's colored Candy Corn
- 1 cup conversation hearts
- 1 cup red Candy Wafers melted
- 1 cup white Candy Wafers melted
- Make your Red Velvet Muddy Buddy Mix
- Pop the popcorn into a large bowl
- Mix the marshmallows, white chocolate chips, candy corn, conversation hearts, and M&M's together in a bowl.
- Mix your muddy buddies and popcorn together.
- Melt your Candy Wafers in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between until fully melted.
- Drizzle some chocolate over your popcorn and muddy buddy mix.
- Sprinkle a handful of the candies and sprinkles over the melted chocolate. It will help them stick. Stir well.
- Repeat this over and over, drizzle chocolate, add candy, add sprinkles, until you run out of chocolate and candies and the popcorn is coated well.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Melting the Candy Wafers is the trickiest part of this whole recipe. If you overcook it gets gritty. If you undercook, it will be too hard to drizzle. Here’s what I know:
- Don’t add liquid.
- Microwave in 20-30 second increments, and stir between each.
- If it gets gritty that means it is over-cooked, you can add shortening to get it to the right consistency.
If you are careful, you should be able to master it. It took 3 times in the microwave at 30 seconds a time to get the consistency I wanted. You can buy the Candy Wafers at Wal-Mart or online. I used red and pink, but you can even get Red Velvet flavored ones. Have fun with it.
Want more Valentine’s treats?
How about Red Velvet Muddy Buddies?