Apple Pear Crisp is ooey-gooey sweet goodness, it’s insanely delicious, easy to make, and the perfect introduction to fall. Topped with creamy vanilla ice cream that perfectly melts into the crispy almond, oat, and pumpkin seed topping.
Apple Pear Crisp
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dessert board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hi, I’m Abra a real food blogger and functional nutritionist over at Abra’s Kitchen. Although my work is focused on health and nutrition I am a very down to earth “there-is-room-for-all-kinds-of-food-in-a-healthy-diet” kind of girl, and that definitely includes a yummy Apple Pear Crisp!
Perfectly seasonal crisp fall apples and pears tossed together with warming cinnamon and ginger and sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup. Then topped with a blend of almonds, pumpkin seeds, and oats. The natural sugars from the pears and apples caramelize the nuts, seeds, and oats crisp and the result is baking magic. I would almost call this a healthy dessert, but then I topped it with vanilla ice cream because…balance.
This Apple Pear Crisp is loaded with nutrients and fiber from the fruit, nuts, and oats, but you don’t have to even worry about that because it tastes so incredibly delicious that the health bit is just a bonus.
With apple picking season just around the corner, it’s important to have an arsenal of apple recipes to choose from, this Apple Pear Crisp should certainly be one! With the rest of your apple bounty you can make this out of the world Dutch apple pie, these apple pie breakfast cookies (OMG, breakfast cookies!) or how about a simple slow cooker apple pear sauce?
TIPS FOR MAKING APPLE PEAR CRISP
- Tip 1: You don’t have to peel the skin off the pears, I love the texture of the skin once it’s been cooked down. If you decide to peal the skin off a Y-peeler is perfect for the job.
- Tip 2: If you like your crisp with less liquid add 1 additional tbsp of cornstarch. I love extra yummy caramel juice to drizzle over the ice cream, so I prefer my crisp a bit looser.
- Tip 3: Try different nuts for the topping; walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts would be delicious!
- Tip 4: Store the crisp in the refrigerator and heat slightly before serving.
- Tip 5: Scoop some plain Greek yogurt on top of this Apple Pear Crisp and it could easily pass for breakfast 😉
Other desserts you may enjoy:
- Caramel Cashew Cake (No Dairy, No Eggs)
- Grandma’s Carrot Pudding
- Flourless Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
- Lime Dreamboat Desserts
- Healthy Pineapple Dole Whip
Pin to your Dessert board on Pinterest: