Buffalo Chicken Casserole: All your favorite parts of buffalo wing eating, including the potato wedges, in a casserole form. This casserole boasts chicken, bacon, potatoes, cheese, and green onion, and is a delicious combo of flavors!
Would you believe it if I told you the first time I ever had anything buffalo was AFTER I got married? My parents were not big lovers of spicy, so I did not grow up eating much of it. But then I married my husband, and he is borderline obsessed with buffalo. I feel like he would eat it daily.
So then I started cooking with buffalo sauce, and learned the art of buffalo and ranch consumption, wings, and things. And I can now say that I really really enjoy buffalo chicken, and this casserole is pretty gosh darn delicious.
This Buffalo Chicken Casserole is one of those recipes that has been a life saver for me because recently, I have not wanted to make dinner like at all. I love cooking. And I love being able to give my family awesome meals, but sometimes by the end of the day I am worn out.
This particular casserole is easy to throw together, and I will often put it together early in the day, and then just bake it at dinner time. This gives me lots of flexibility, and the flavors only get better with time.
Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 potatoes cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 TBS. freshly ground pepper
- 1 TBS. paprika
- 2 TBS. garlic salt
- 6 TBS. Sarachi or hot sauce of choice
- 2 c. Fiesta Blend Cheese or a mix of Cheddar & Monterey Jack
- 1 c. crumbled bacon
- 1 c diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Cut up the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cube the potatoes.
- Mix olive oil, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, and hot sauce in large bowl
- Add potatoes, and coat
- Spoon potatoes out of bowl, leaving sauce behind.
- Bake potatoes in baking pan (single layer) for 45 mins, stirring every 10 minutes
- Toss chicken in bowl with leftover sauce, and coat
- Remove potatoes from oven, they should be crisp.
- Top with uncooked chicken
- Top with topping mix of cheese, bacon, and green onion
- If freezing, freeze at this point. (Thaw before baking)
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 mins until chicken in cooked through, and topping is bubbly
Pin to your Chicken Dinner Board: