Moist and delicious these Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a perfect indulgence after a long day.
Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Weeknight Dinner board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey everyone it’s Alli from Tornadough Alli again! I’ve been having so much fun sharing some of my favorite recipes with you here on Rachael’s amazing blog! I hope you’ve enjoyed following along with me and if you want to keep following on my journey come follow me over on Facebook and Instagram!
With Summer coming to an end and kids back in school it seems like everything is more hurried these days. Well if it isn’t for you it sure is for me! Things get super crazy once school starts around here, everyone is pulled in different directions with millions of different activities going on.
Sometimes a good hearty meal is enough to be able to bring everyone together and just slow it down for a little while and let everyone play a little catch up on what’s all going on with life now that everything is started back up in motion. These Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts do exactly that for us.
So these delicious guys have this girl drooling! Like to no end. I first saw this idea at my local grocery store in their deli section and I just sat there staring at them. With a family of 4 I didn’t want to pay $7 per breast so obviously I took it upon myself to come up with a little variation of my own.
I am so stinking glad that I did. This merges two of my favorites (meat and potatoes…ok 3, cheese) into one cheesy, moist and flavorful dish. Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts are relatively simple meal for sure! Serve it up with a side of your favorite vegetables, some bread and you have yourself a nice hearty meal that the whole family can enjoy!
Growing up in a Midwest farming community, meat and potatoes were what we survived and thrived off of. Beef and chicken we were able to buy from our neighbors since they butchered their own and it was just easy and convenient!
So even though I kind of threw a twist on these bad boys, Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts are still reminiscent of that Sunday family dinners, where we all sat down and came together as family and just spent some good old quality time together.
But moving onto these Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Um…cheesy potato pretty much sums these up. You know how you have those “funeral” potatoes or however Pinterest references them as? Think of those, all stuffed into a chicken breast and cooked up until golden.
Now when I think of the Cheesy Potato casserole you always have them topped with some corn flakes. Well I had to add that flair so I decided to bread my chicken in the corn flakes instead. It gives it a nice little crispness behind each bite. I have to admit I really do like this version. I’ve made it a few times now and I keeps finding it’s way back to my plate.
So if you’re looking for a delicious, family friendly meal that merges some of your favorites into one dish, these Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts come highly recommended! This recipe yields 2 but I alway at least double the recipe, sometimes even triple it. I bake it in my Pyrex Baking Dish and the size that I use depends on how many chicken breasts that I need to make. There are so many different sizes that you can always find just what you need for each recipe.
More Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Lightened Up Chicken Pot Pie
- Kung Pao Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls
- Sticky Chicken Bites
Cheesy Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup hash browns thawed
- 2-3 Tbs sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Chives or green onions optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In gallon sized plastic baggie, pound out your chicken breasts until about 1/4" or 1/2" thickness with a Meat Tenderizer, set aside.
- In bowl, mix together your hash browns, sour cream, 2 Tbs cream of chicken soup and cheese.
- Lay your chicken breasts flat and spread out your hash brown mixture evenly over each breast.
- Roll up lengthwise, you can use a toothpick or Baker's Stringto secure if it wont hold on its own.
- In bottom of an 11x7" baking dish, spread the rest of your cream of chicken soup, set aside.
- In two separate shallow bowls add your crushed corn flakes and your eggs.
- Dip your chicken breasts into eggs then roll into the corn flakes, place in baking dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for about an hour.
Pin to your CHICKEN DINNER board: