Easy Garlic Lime Chicken:
This simple chicken thigh recipe is made in the Crockpot and offers amazing flavor with very little effort. 10 mins prep is all it takes to get this flavorful dinner on the table.
During the summer months one of my favorite things to use for cooking is my crock pot.
Slow cooking means great food, prepped early, and very little hassle. Oh and ya…I don’t have to heat my house up with the oven. So nice!
When it comes to slow cooker meals, I tend to avoid chicken.
Beef and pork are wonderful slow cooked because they get tender, and fall apart.
Chicken on the other hand often gets dried out when slow cooked. However, we love chicken, and it is one of the most economical meats around here.
That is why if I use chicken in the slow cooker it is nearly always going to be a bone in variety.
And for Easy Garlic Lime Chicken…thighs! They stay so nice and moist, and juicy, and tender, and oh so good, while all that saucy flavor penetrates, giving you a great, flavorful meal in no time.
This particular recipe is an easy favorite. It is salty, and flavorful, and you can throw it together in just a few minutes.
Sometimes I even toss this in one slow cooker, and my Crustless Lemon Strawberry Slow Cooker Cheesecake in another, and add a salad.
Then I get a whole meal, including dessert, with just a few minutes prep, and hardly any dishes.
Crispy Skin Chicken Thighs
And just look at that Easy Garlic Lime Chicken! Beautiful. Golden, thick sauce. Absolutely delicious.
Okay, so I have to admit that after I cook this Easy Garlic Lime Chicken in the slow cooker all day, I pop it out and broil it for a few minutes to crisp it up.
So, if you want a crisp skin, broil it in the oven for just a few minutes before serving.
This is necessary, not only does it make it prettier, bit it gets rid of a rubbery, gross top to your flavorful juicy chicken. And I do like that extra caramelization you get when you do that.
A few squeezes of fresh lime can also make a great addition.
Easy Garlic Lime Chicken Tips:
- Many crockpot recipes cook for 8-10 hours. Chicken breast meat can become tough and dry when cooked for longer than 6 hours on low. So do not sub for chicken breasts unless you want to reduce cooking time and keep an eye on it.
- If you opt for boneless, cook for a shorter time period.
- Most crockpot recipes call for removing the skin, because it adds fat to the sauce while it reduces while cooking and doesn’t become crisp enough to be appetizing. This is why you will want to broil it at the end.
- If you don’t want to broil it at the end, another option is to brown it first in a skillet in olive oil to help improve the appearance of the finished dish, and reduce the rubber-y nature.
- Chicken thighs are fattier than breasts, and the skin has fat under it too, so your sauce left in the crock pot will be oily. You do not really want to eat it or serve it over other stuff. It will flavor your chicken, but isn’t really meant to be served over rice etc. You can skim off the fat and reduce the sauce if you wish to use it.
- If serving as a freezer meal, this Garlic Lime Chicken should be fully defrosted before entering the crock pot. Harmful bacteria that cause food borne illnesses flourish in moist environments with temps between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking from frozen means leaving meat at unsafe temps for too long. Defrost in the fridge first.
- If you want to halve this recipe keep in mind you should also reduce the size of your slow cooker so that the heat distributes evenly, and it still cooks at the appropriate time.
Crockpot Easy Garlic Lime Chicken an awesome addition to your weekly meal plan.
Avoid hard to clean crock pots by using Slow Cooker Liners.
I love my 6 quart crock pot because I can make enough for a crowd, or just enough for my family. So versatile.
Other Winner, Winner Chicken Dinners:
- Pollo Saltado (Chicken Stir Fry)
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Chicken Sausage and Peas Alfredo-Pesto Skillet Pasta
- Sticky Chicken Bites
- Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
Easy Garlic Lime Chicken- Crock Pot
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 Tbs quick cooking tapioca
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Place chicken in a Crock Pot
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Cook in crockpot 4-6 hours (on high) or up to 8 (on low)
- After crock pot cooking is finished, broil until crispy and brown. Approximately 3-6 minutes
- If freezing, mix sauce, add it to a zip top bag, add chicken. Freeze in sauce, can be cooked in crockpot only after thawing. Do not cook from frozen or harmful bacteria may grow. Check internal temperature (165 degrees)
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Chicken board on Pinterest: