Italian Sausage and Peppers: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
Italian Sausage and Peppers: Delicious Johnsonville Italian Sausage served in a bun with sautéed peppers and onions and all the fixings! This is an easy feast.
There are a lot of amazing fathers in my life, from my own Father to my Father-in-law, and my husband who is awesome. Throw in a slew of brother-in-laws and brothers, and well…there are some pretty great dads out there.
And what better way to celebrate them then with a big old cook out? A barbecue. A shindig. A yard party. Complete with sides, salads, chips, and of course sausages and bratwursts.
My favorite way to eat a grilled sausage is smothered in sautéed onions and peppers. It is so simple but offers so much flavor. I can’t wait for you to try it. We will likely be eating these all summer long, including Father’s Day!
Oh boy did Father’s Day sneak up on me this year. Like seriously, I feel like it was just the beginning of the year and now we are in June. How does that happen? The days are flying by and the kids are out of school for the summer, and I am realizing Father’s Day is just around the corner and I need a gift.
Do you love gift giving? Gifts are my love language, so I am a huge fan. But I am not a fan of giving gifts just for the sake of giving gifts. I want to give something that is wanted, practical, meaningful, or at least useful and liked. And that is a tall order to fill.
So if you are anything like me, and want an awesome Father’s Day gift, may I suggest you get a Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill!
It is seriously amazing. You guys, I am not just saying this. We have used ours almost daily since we got it. And my husband uses it as much as I do. If the fathers in your life enjoy a good sausage or bratwurst, they are going to love this grill!
We love a good cook out, and summer sides and salads to go with it. And my husband loves bratwursts and sausages. So being able to cook some up for lunch, with low mess, and total ease has been amazing.
Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill
Here is what I love about the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill:
- Cooks the sausage in 15 minutes. You literally put the sausage in and walk away, and it beeps at you when it is done. If only my barbecue grill did that…there would be so many less charred burgers being fed to my kids! Hahah
- It has a temp thermometer built in so you get perfectly cooked sausage every time. I don’t know about you guys, but I sometimes worry if the inside is cooked through. Problem solved!
- It holds 5 sausages, and is perfectly shaped for them, meaning again…perfectly cooked sausages. Nice brown outside, juicy, fully cooked center.
- The cooking plates are removable so it is easy to wash.
- It isn’t messy. The whole thing seals up, and the sausage browns evenly while the flavors and juices stay inside. And it has a grease tray for the drippings, so no mess outside the grill.
- It is small and easy to store because it can be stored horizontally or vertically.
- It’s great for any time of the year, making every season grilling season.
I love that it just requires electricity, which means it is great for things like RV’s, but is also amazing in the kitchen.
Find it here: https://www.sizzlingsausagegrill.com/
So now that you know what to get the fathers in your life for Father’s Day, let’s talk about these delicious sausages with onions and peppers. Basically you are going to saute the onions and peppers while the sausages cook. The sausages take 15 minutes, so get your onions and peppers cut up and start the onions coking, then get the sausages going. And they should finish around the same time.
Then you have a fantastic and flavorful topping to add to the relish, ketchup, mustard, and other standard fixing!
What is your favorite way to eat a grilled sausage or bratwurst? What toppings do you prefer? What sides do you always serve with them? I’d love to know, so comment below!
Pin to your Grilling Board on Pinterest:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.