Low Carb Steak Fajitas Roll Ups are flavorful beef wrapped around charred veggies, creating a roll up of flavor that is quick and easy!
These low carb steak fajita roll ups are my new favorite keto-friendly recipe because the flavor is right where you want it to be. The steak is juicy and delicious. The seasoning spot on. And the perfectly charred veggies are an excellent addition that make for a well rounded meal, all in one skillet.
We love fajitas at our house, these sheet pan fajitas are one of our regular go-tos. However, when trying to eat a lower carb diet, eating fajitas isn’t the greatest option unless you skip the tortilla. Which is why I love these low carb steak fajitas roll ups.
With these low carb steak roll ups you get the delicious flavor of fajitas, but without all the carbs. Plus, because you don’t marinate the meat, it is one of those super quick meals that comes together with little to no forethought, and limited time.
These low carb steak roll ups make a great complete meal. However, I also love serving them with some cauliflower mashed potatoes, or some pan fried turnips (look and taste like potatoes).
We are also huge fans of eating this with a great Kale salad.
Low Carb Steak Fajita Roll-UpsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 2 bell peppers any color
- 1 bunch baby asparagus
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot sauce garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Starting on one long edge, use a sharp knife to butterfly the flank steak, cutting it open parallel to the cutting board, so it can open like a book with two thin layers.
- Stretch the flank steak out and cover with plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet (tenderizer or rolling pin) to pound the thickest sections creating one even thin piece of flank steak, double the length of the original.
- Remove the plastic and sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of the steak. Then cut the flank steak into twelve segments, approximately 2.5 X 5 inches long. NOTE: If it is easier to work with, you can cut into strips, and butterfly those then pound so you are working with smaller pieces.
- Seed the bell peppers and slice into thin strips.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus so the tops are about the same length as the bell peppers. Discard the ends.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin wedges.
- Put a cast iron skillet over high heat, and heat without adding any liquid or oil. Once hot, add the . peppers, asparagus and onions into the pan, and give them space. Work in batches to blister them in a dry pan without crowding them. Leave them in only 1-2 minutes per batch, to create char marks. Then remove.
- Lower the heat to medium-high.
- Lay several pepper strips, asparagus spears, and onion wedges across each flank steak strip.
- Wrap the flank steak tightly around the veggies and secure the ends with a toothpick.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and heat.
- Once hot, add 6 rolls to the skillet.
- Sear 1-2 minutes per side, rotating to sear all sides. Cook the rolls approximately 5-6 minutes total, for medium-rare steak.
- Remove the rolls and repeat with the remaining oil and rolls.
- Top with hot sauce if desired.
Pin to your Low Carb board on Pinterest: