This Mushroom Rice Pilaf is the perfect earthy addition to your dinner table! It’s only got a few ingredients so it’s easy to throw together, but still full of flavor!
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin Mushroom Rice Pilaf to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey all! Sam back from The Culinary Compass here to bring you this great Mushroom Rice Pilaf. It’s one of my favorite side dishes and adding the mushrooms adds a great earthy flavor. It’s topped with green onions to bring in some bright and crispness to each bite too!
You can serve this dish as a side for Thanksgiving or add a protein and make it it’s own meal. It’s also a flexible dish so you can add different types of vegetables to it if you wanted to make it vegetarian. Adding green peppers with the mushrooms and some spinach at the end would be a perfect dinner.
A traditional rice pilaf is cooked in layers to make sure each bite is flavorful and delicious. First, you saute the aromatics – so the things like garlic and onions to build the base. Since this version has mushrooms, you’d then add these in to get them nice and brown on the outside. Toasting the rice helps bring in some flavor to the rice before it even starts cooking.
My favorite part is using a broth to simmer it all in. That alone brings in so much flavor that I don’t know if I’ll ever cook rice in water again. Adding in some green onions at the end helps round out the dish and bring a little brightness to the earthy dish. I like adding extra on top to be sure there’s a little crunch.
Tips for making this Mushroom Rice Pilaf:
- Don’t wash your mushrooms under water. Clean them with a damp towel so they don’t hold the moisture and become soggy in the dish.
- Choose a broth or stock to cook the rice in. It brings a ton of flavor to your dish!
- Add the green onions last and keep a few to top with. They’ll stay crunchy and keep a bright, crisp bite to the dish.
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
- Roasted Veggie Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Blender Tomato Basil Cheese Sauce
- Mushroom, Bacon, and Parmesan Spaghetti
- Easy Mexican Rice Skillet
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Rice
Pin to your side dish board on Pinterest!